Have noticed lately that my Series 2 is very much slowing down with the latest watchOS updates. Anyone else notice that as well? Siri is slow to respond (sometimes just hangs and doesn't respond at all), apps can hang, and it is just generally, slow.

My problem only or are there others out there?
    01-30-2018 09:49 AM
    I’m using my S2 on the latest update and haven’t noticed any performance differences yet but will keep an eye out.
    01-30-2018 03:56 PM
    I have noticed a problem lately with the workout app. It will fail to start and then after several tries it appears to reload the program and then run. I guess that's not a slow-down as much as it is a failure to launch. I haven't updated to 4.2.2 yet.
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-30-2018 04:09 PM
    I have noticed a problem lately with the workout app. It will fail to start and then after several tries it appears to reload the program and then run. I guess that's not a slow-down as much as it is a failure to launch. I haven't updated to 4.2.2 yet.
    4.2.2 helps Workout app problems a lot.

That said, my Workout app remains just a little laggy. After launching it generally is a few seconds before the app responds to touch or scrolling with the Digital Crown.
    01-30-2018 07:03 PM
    Good to know. I'm going to try to install 4.2.2 tonight.
    01-31-2018 04:45 PM

That said, my Workout app remains just a little laggy. After launching it generally is a few seconds before the app responds to touch or scrolling with the Digital Crown.
    I noticed this today too.
    01-31-2018 05:54 PM
    My series 0 is basically done LOL
    01-31-2018 10:31 PM
    Updated to 4.2.2 last night. I'm sad to report that this morning my series 2 did exactly what it's been doing - fail to launch the Workout app and then after several tries it appeared to reload the program and then it ran. Further, I've had my series 0 on since 930 am and it is already down to 20% battery. It's not going to make it more than about 8 hours.
    02-01-2018 03:34 PM
    02-01-2018 03:46 PM
    Updated to 4.2.2 last night. I'm sad to report that this morning my series 2 did exactly what it's been doing - fail to launch the Workout app and then after several tries it appeared to reload the program and then it ran. Further, I've had my series 0 on since 930 am and it is already down to 20% battery. It's not going to make it more than about 8 hours.
    Question about the S2: watch app on iPhone, dock settings: do you have "Recent apps" or do you have "Favorites"? If you have "Favorites", do you have the Workouts app in the list? If not, does putting the Workouts app there help?
    tcuprof likes this.
    02-01-2018 03:47 PM
    Question about the S2: watch app on iPhone, dock settings: do you have "Recent apps" or do you have "Favorites"? If you have "Favorites", do you have the Workouts app in the list? If not, does putting the Workouts app there help?
    I'm not sure. I'll check tonight.
    02-01-2018 04:00 PM
    Using 4.2.2 on both my S0 and S2, works fine and doesn't slow down or lag on my S2 as OP said.

Even on S0, 4.2.2 is very usable and doesn't slow down any further.

I seldom use the workout app now as mainly using Strava instead.
    02-01-2018 07:00 PM
    Have noticed lately that my Series 2 is very much slowing down with the latest watchOS updates. Anyone else notice that as well? Siri is slow to respond (sometimes just hangs and doesn't respond at all), apps can hang, and it is just generally, slow.

My problem only or are there others out there?
    I’ve noticed a much slower response to touch, particularly when using the “Dismiss” button for notifications and the “Done” button after workouts. It’s frustrating!
    02-03-2018 04:36 AM
    I have definitely noticed a slowdown- the other day I had to tap the workout I wanted probably 5-10 times and when it finally registered the tap it took about another 20 seconds for it to start the countdown.

I don’t have any extra apps installed on it nor do I have music saved on it.

It’s frustrating.
    02-03-2018 08:12 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion! I had it on Recent apps and switched it to Favorites. That does seem to have helped. The last few mornings the app has launched as expected. And in other good news, the battery usage on my series 0 seems to be back top normal today.
    doogald likes this.
    02-06-2018 04:14 PM
    I have definitely noticed a slowdown- the other day I had to tap the workout I wanted probably 5-10 times and when it finally registered the tap it took about another 20 seconds for it to start the countdown.

It’s frustrating.
    Ugh, that would drive me bonkers. I use the workout app every single day and for it to act up like that would make me want to scream.
    02-11-2018 07:52 AM
    In my house we have 3 Series 2 Apple Watches, I’ve been dealing with Apple support for weeks over this issue, I was in a Apple store at a “genius bar” and was told to remove all third party apps from my watch to fix the issue. Ok so now why do we spend so much money on smart watches from Apple, oh ya so they can tell us to turn them into a Fitbit!
    05-28-2018 03:10 AM
    In my house we have 3 Series 2 Apple Watches, I’ve been dealing with Apple support for weeks over this issue, I was in a Apple store at a “genius bar” and was told to remove all third party apps from my watch to fix the issue. Ok so now why do we spend so much money on smart watches from Apple, oh ya so they can tell us to turn them into a Fitbit!
    That’s just a ridiculous solution. I never owned an S2 (went from an S0 which was always slow to an S3) but if I were told to simply remove all third party apps I’d just about have a fit. Part of the utility of an Apple Watch is the ability to add apps and customize the experience and functionality.
    05-28-2018 06:00 AM

It’s frustrating.
    My daughter has my hand me down S2 and recently told me that she never used her workout app during cross country and track practices bc it takes forever to launch and set up and she got yelled at by the coaches. The S2 isn’t that old and shouldn’t be having issues like this already, esp with stock apps.
    05-28-2018 06:59 AM
    My daughter has my hand me down S2 and recently told me that she never used her workout app during cross country and track practices bc it takes forever to launch and set up and she got yelled at by the coaches. The S2 isn’t that old and shouldn’t be having issues like this already, esp with stock apps.
    FWIW, at least for me, since watchOS 4.3, the workouts app is basically lag-free. It did lag in previous releases, not anymore.

(I have a few apps on the watch, but not many. I can't believe that there are all that many apps that are all that useful for such a small interface as the watch. It's a great notifications device, fitness tracker, alarm, timer, workouts aren't bad, maps directions prompts on the wrist is kind of cool, and it's useful to send a message in a pinch when you cannot get to your phone for some reason.)
    05-28-2018 10:28 AM
    Mine just got weird with Siri, I don't use it anymore, it got too quick to think I said something. I push, it listens, then before I can even ask it anything it says it didn't get what I said, well I haven't had a chance yet, gimmee a second lol
    06-14-2018 09:25 PM
    Mine just got weird with Siri, I don't use it anymore, it got too quick to think I said something. I push, it listens, then before I can even ask it anything it says it didn't get what I said, well I haven't had a chance yet, gimmee a second lol
    You are supposed to hold the crown down until you are finished with the command.

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205184
    06-14-2018 09:56 PM
    You are supposed to hold the crown down until you are finished with the command.

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205184
    Maybe I'm letting go too soon, I do hold it, but maybe letting pressure off or something, I'll try REALLY pressing in and holding firmly next time, lmaybe that's why it would work good sometimes...thanks!
    06-14-2018 10:09 PM
    You can also try "Hey Siri, the rest of your command" to see if that works better.
    06-15-2018 05:29 AM
    OK, will try that too next time, thanks!
    06-15-2018 11:03 AM