I am looking at using my Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+ again and I need some app recommendations:
    1) I am looking for an app that tracks sleep automatically. I know that @blaine07 recommended Sleep++, however you actually have to tell it when you're going to sleep.
    2) I am looking for an app that will allow me to show my steps on the watch face. Coming back to an AW from my Fitbit and Garmin I liked that I didn't have to drill down to see my steps.
    3) This is a long shot, but is it possible to use the AW as a remote for Apple TV?
    4) I know there is a way to sync my data from Apple Health to the Fitbit app, but is there a way to sync the data from Apple Health to Garmin Connect?

That is all for now, but if I think of anymore I will post them here. Thanks in advance!
    09-12-2017 10:05 AM
    I am looking at using my Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+ again and I need some app recommendations:
    1) I am looking for an app that tracks sleep automatically. I know that recommended Sleep++, however you actually have to tell it when you're going to sleep.
    I use the app "HeartWatch" and its companion app "AutoSleep" to track sleep. It works great for me. There are times when it misses when I wake up to go to the bathroom, or wake up for a few minutes, but it's generally spot-on.

[edit: Tried to add links to these apps but iMore said "I exceeded SPAM threshold". So I guess just search for them...]

4) I know there is a way to sync my data from Apple Health to the Fitbit app, but is there a way to sync the data from Apple Health to Garmin Connect?
    Not that I have discovered.
    09-12-2017 10:23 AM
    I use the app "HeartWatch" and its companion app "AutoSleep" to track sleep. It works great for me. There are times when it misses when I wake up to go to the bathroom, or wake up for a few minutes, but it's generally spot-on.

[edit: Tried to add links to these apps but iMore said "I exceeded SPAM threshold". So I guess just search for them...]
    Thanks, I'll check those apps out! AutoSleep had better ratings than the other apps I looked out. The way I read it is that it's automatic, like the Fitbit and Garmin, and I don't have to turn it on before I go to sleep like Sleep++. Is this correct?
    Also how's HeartWatch work with AutoSleep to track sleep?
    Not that I have discovered.
    Thanks!
    09-12-2017 01:07 PM
    Thanks, I'll check those apps out! AutoSleep had better ratings than the other apps I looked out. The way I read it is that it's automatic, like the Fitbit and Garmin, and I don't have to turn it on before I go to sleep like Sleep++. Is this correct?
    Correct, it is automatic. You can force press the icon to say that you are going to sleep (or waking up). I never do so; it always tracks sleep and wake times properly for me.

Also how's HeartWatch work with AutoSleep to track sleep?
    I'm not sure how. A combination of accelerometer and heart rate? Here is Autosleep's tips from the app.

http://autosleep.tantsissa.com/tips
    09-12-2017 01:16 PM
    Correct, it is automatic. You can force press the icon to say that you are going to sleep (or waking up). I never do so; it always tracks sleep and wake times properly for me.

I'm not sure how. A combination of accelerometer and heart rate? Here is Autosleep's tips from the app.

http://autosleep.tantsissa.com/tips
    Thanks! I'm almost certain I'm going to buy AutoSleep. Is HeartWatch required as well or not?
    09-12-2017 01:29 PM
    Thanks! I'm almost certain I'm going to buy AutoSleep. Is HeartWatch required as well or not?
    I have both, but, from what I can tell from the App Store description, AutoSleep should be standalone. I'd buy just that if you don't need HeartWatch.
    09-12-2017 02:33 PM
    3) This is a long shot, but is it possible to use the AW as a remote for Apple TV?
    It's not a long shot. The Apple Remote app is built in to the watch. It's a blue circle with a white triangle in the middle. (I've never used it myself, but it sees all of my Apple TVs as well as the iTunes libraries that are opened on all of my computers. I just tried it; it worked great.)
    09-12-2017 02:37 PM
    I have both, but, from what I can tell from the App Store description, AutoSleep should be standalone. I'd buy just that if you don't need HeartWatch.
    Thanks, I'll for sure pick up AutoSleep and give HeartWatch another glance.
    09-12-2017 03:27 PM
    It's not a long shot. The Apple Remote app is built in to the watch. It's a blue circle with a white triangle in the middle. (I've never used it myself, but it sees all of my Apple TVs as well as the iTunes libraries that are opened on all of my computers. I just tried it; it worked great.)
    Thanks, I never even noticed that app! It works great so far and my only complaint is I can't adjust the volume.
    09-12-2017 03:29 PM
    I use the app "HeartWatch" and its companion app "AutoSleep" to track sleep.
    So I bought AutoSleep and I used it the last couple of nights, and it works great. Thanks for the recommendation! I might buy HeartWatch in the next few days as it says in AutoSleep to "Get HeartWatch app to analyze your sleep, heart rate and activity in much more detail."
    doogald likes this.
    09-15-2017 01:01 PM
    2) I am looking for an app that will allow me to show my steps on the watch face. Coming back to an AW from my Fitbit and Garmin I liked that I didn't have to drill down to see my steps.
    In another thread @tcuprof mentioned HealthFace that will show the steps as a complication on the watch face. I’m still gathering information on the app from them so I haven’t purchased it yet.
    Here’s a picture from the other thread:
    09-15-2017 04:40 PM