Will you upgrade to Series 3??

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
The 42mm Alunimum Space Grey with the new loop band. The $429 version... but the problem is my wife is itching for one also, so at the end of the day.. another $1000 to Apple.. LOL.. She has the original and I have the series 2... Maybe I will just let her get it first... (I'm a good husband)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The 42mm Alunimum Space Grey with the new loop band. The $429 version... but the problem is my wife is itching for one also, so at the end of the day.. another $1000 to Apple.. LOL.. She has the original and I have the series 2... Maybe I will just let her get it first... (I'm a good husband)

That’s very kind of you, and I’m sure she’ll appreciate it

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
After looking at the specs of the Series 3, it's not a good upgrade from my current Series 2.

The LTE series is not available here in Singapore yet, but looking at the non-LTE models it feels more like a downgrade as it's all aluminum compared to stainless steel on my Series 2.

The stainless steel case on the LTE Series 3 looks like brushed type?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
After looking at the specs of the Series 3, it's not a good upgrade from my current Series 2.

The LTE series is not available here in Singapore yet, but looking at the non-LTE models it feels more like a downgrade as it's all aluminum compared to stainless steel on my Series 2.

The stainless steel case on the LTE Series 3 looks like brushed type?

It should still be the same reflective stainless steel material. Other than LTE, the 70% speed bump is worth noting.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
It should still be the same reflective stainless steel material. Other than LTE, the 70% speed bump is worth noting.

But the Series 3 sold here are all aluminum ones and I prefer the stainless steel types. I just purchased my Series 2 five months back and have no intention of getting Series 3.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

It's not just the lack of stainless steel - the aluminum Series 2 had a sapphire glass ceramic back (the material covering the sensor bubble.) The Series 3 aluminum models are all composite backs.

[edited; thanks for the correction, Snoweagle]

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
It's not just the lack of stainless steel - the aluminum Series 2 had a sapphire glass back (the material covering the sensor bubble.) The Series 3 aluminum models are all composite backs.

That's another point to note. Not sure if Apple is cutting back on costings. Seems like a revert back to the original Apple Watch's aluminum sport models. Think the backs are ceramic on the aluminum Series 2.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
But the Series 3 sold here are all aluminum ones and I prefer the stainless steel types. I just purchased my Series 2 five months back and have no intention of getting Series 3.

If that’s the case, you can simply wait until it is available in your region. Or you can wait for Series 4 :)

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
If that’s the case, you can simply wait until it is available in your region. Or you can wait for Series 4 :)

Guess the time to change my Series 2 is when it's broken beyond repair or not enough for my usage.

I'm also still using my original AW and also just updated to watchOS 4. Still pretty usable though battery life is not as lasting.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm also still using my original AW and also just updated to watchOS 4. Still pretty usable though battery life is not as lasting.

That’s not what I want to hear. I still haven’t been able to update, and my OG is already having battery life problems. A 12 hr shift is nearly killing it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That’s not what I want to hear. I still haven’t been able to update, and my OG is already having battery life problems. A 12 hr shift is nearly killing it.

If getting notifications isn’t that much important during work time, enable Theatre Mode and put your watch in flight mode for an hour or 2.
It will keep tracking your movements but use less battery. That’s a workaround until you get the Series 3z

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh