Will you upgrade to Series 3??

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Still wearing my OG Space Gray 42mm with no problems. Battery doesn't last as long as it used to but I still get through the day, and charge it nightly. I MIGHT get the Series 3, or maybe just pick up a Series 2 on clearance. I haven't worn a watch in years until now. I'll probably never wear a "traditional" watch again.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Now that I've had a taste of smartwatches, doubtful that I'll go back. I've been using a smart watch since the original Pebble. Been a good few years.

I was intrigued by the Pebble but never made the leap. I still have a Gear S2 Classic from the brief period where I used a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, but as you can imagine it doesn't see any use.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I was intrigued by the Pebble but never made the leap. I still have a Gear S2 Classic from the brief period where I used a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, but as you can imagine it doesn't see any use.

I've had the original Pebble and Pebble Time (which has been handed down to my daughter). Then I got the series 0 and now the series 2. I really can't imagine being without a smart watch.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had the original Pebble and Pebble Time (which has been handed down to my daughter). Then I got the series 0 and now the series 2. I really can't imagine being without a smart watch.

Are you planning to upgrade to the Series 3 from the Series 2?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
There's been talk of a series 3 AW releasing later this year. For those of you with the series 2, do you plan to upgrade or stay with what you've got?

At this point, the only rumored change is the addition of LTE. That wouldn't get me to upgrade.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Nope. From what I have read, better processor with LTE. No thanks. Not spending $400 on a new watch. I rarely use my watch for phone calls so no need.

Plus I am very happy with me series 2.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Maybe. I'll wait and see even it's announced to whether I think it worth it. I'll be honest, it must be a huge update for me to upgrade from my SS series 2.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you planning to upgrade to the Series 3 from the Series 2?

If there's LTE I think I'd give it some serious thought. I'm basically oncall for work 24/7 and to be able to leave the house for a run without a phone is really appealing to me.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If there's LTE I think I'd give it some serious thought. I'm basically oncall for work 24/7 and to be able to leave the house for a run without a phone is really appealing to me.

Rumours are saying that Apple won’t allow the Apple Watch to make phone calls on its own and that it will only have access to LTE and not 3G.
I understand and I can see how the addition of LTE can be very useful in your day to day life.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Rumours are saying that Apple won’t allow the Apple Watch to make phone calls on its own and that it will only have access to LTE and not 3G.
I understand and I can see how the addition of LTE can be very useful in your day to day life.

LTE says it all. It’s no VoLTE in the end. In other words, it’s a internet chip, not cellular calling chip (for lack of better wording).
Who needs calling through the ‘old’ ways anymore?

Most people have FaceTime, others have Skype, in other countries outside of US there is WhatsApp and so on and so on.
Calling with the watch will still be possible, especially since WiFi calling has become more common these days.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
LTE says it all. It’s no VoLTE in the end. In other words, it’s a internet chip, not cellular calling chip (for lack of better wording).
Who needs calling through the ‘old’ ways anymore?

Most people have FaceTime, others have Skype, in other countries outside of US there is WhatsApp and so on and so on.
Calling with the watch will still be possible, especially since WiFi calling has become more common these days.

Too true. Actually if I can text without my phone, that would be great. I'll wait to see what's announced and see.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping for price drops in the S1 and Nike+. S1 selections are getting thin, though. Channels appear to be clearing out.

But I think Apple will keep an entry level Watch and the S3 won't replace them. At least that's my hope. Unless Apple screws me and makes the S3 a Must Have at current or higher pricing. :cant-watch:

One thing though... If there's a current band you've been wanting, better grab it now as it may not make the cut for the next refresh.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2