I'm still considering wearing two watches as I've have a few nice mechs that languish next to the utility of a Watch.

A lot of people, mostly oddly proud rank Haters, love to dish and dis- Apple for its/their frequent preference of form over function. That's how I see 'real' watches compared to smartwatches.

'Real' watches (quality watches) are frequently beautiful even gorgeous in form, if very short on function. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Smartwatches, while superior in functionality, lack the often exquisite execution of a finely crafted mech.

Two of my mechs are vastly overpriced compared to their competition, one of them oft imitated, but I don't mind just because I still marvel at their amazing craftsmanship, even though they just tell time and date. And if they were lost or stolen, I could never afford to replace them with todays prices, especially for my vintage versions.

That said, I could afford to replace a Watch many times over for what any of my mechs would cost. Still, Watches are what I wear daily, because they are nice looking if not exquisite, and they are highly functional. So I may just be a Two Watch Guy.

It's too soon to know if I'll upgrade to an S3 since it hasn't debuted. I can't imagine what it might have (unless there's a Round Edition addition) to make me leap but then I'm not a visionary. So it's wait and see for me.
    08-20-2017 09:50 AM
    I'm still considering wearing two watches as I've have a few nice mechs that languish next to the utility of a Watch.

A lot of people, mostly oddly proud rank Haters, love to dish and dis- Apple for its/their frequent preference of form over function. That's how I see 'real' watches compared to smartwatches.

'Real' watches (quality watches) are frequently beautiful even gorgeous in form, if very short on function. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Smartwatches, while superior in functionality, lack the often exquisite execution of a finely crafted mech.

Two of my mechs are vastly overpriced compared to their competition, one of them oft imitated, but I don't mind just because I still marvel at their amazing craftsmanship, even though they just tell time and date. And if they were lost or stolen, I could never afford to replace them with todays prices, especially for my vintage versions.

That said, I could afford to replace a Watch many times over for what any of my mechs would cost. Still, Watches are what I wear daily, because they are nice looking if not exquisite, and they are highly functional. So I may just be a Two Watch Guy.

It's too soon to know if I'll upgrade to an S3 since it hasn't debuted. I can't imagine what it might have (unless there's a Round Edition addition) to make me leap but then I'm not a visionary. So it's wait and see for me.
    I view “real” watches as wearables that function as a timepiece, whether solely or in combination with other functions. A “traditional” watch is what I consider to be a wearable timepiece with non-smart watch features....
    08-20-2017 09:56 AM
    I view “real” watches as wearables that function as a timepiece, whether solely or in combination with other functions. A “traditional” watch is what I consider to be a wearable timepiece with non-smart watch features....
    That's a pretty accurate statement actually. With everyone having a phone that displays the time, is there any reason to wear a watch aside from the fact that it is jewelry? Just a thought.
    08-20-2017 10:02 AM
    I view “real” watches as wearables that function as a timepiece, whether solely or in combination with other functions. A “traditional” watch is what I consider to be a wearable timepiece with non-smart watch features...
    I could not agree more, hence my use of quotes around 'real'. In lieu of traditional, I use 'mechs' as it's quicker to type.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-20-2017 10:05 AM
    That's a pretty accurate statement actually. With everyone having a phone that displays the time, is there any reason to wear a watch aside from the fact that it is jewelry? Just a thought.
    Not really, but for people like me who have worn watches almost their entire lives, it’s second nature for me to look at my wrist. Even with my iPhone right next to me, I would have to make a conscious effort to get the time from it. Know what I mean?
    zachpenguin and AppleKarma like this.
    08-20-2017 10:25 AM
    Not really, but for people like me who have worn watches almost their entire lives, it’s second nature for me to look at my wrist. Even with my iPhone right next to me, I would have to make a conscious effort to get the time from it. Know what I mean?
    I do, and I’m the exact same way. But it seems like almost everyone else just looks at their phone.
    08-20-2017 10:26 AM
    I had to train myself to wear a watch for my job. Now I definitely look at my watch way more than my phone. Especially since my phone isn't technically allowed at work. Just wish it had an always on watch face. Would make life a bit easier.
    08-20-2017 11:41 AM
    I wore my Apple Watch Series 2 for about three weeks before I went back to my Breitling. I’m considering wearing it again, but I do like the look and feel of a real watch.
    Exactly!
    I love winding the movement and seeing it function. I don't think I'll be wearing a smart watch anytime soon. Unless the Series 3 convinced me.
    08-20-2017 04:32 PM
    I do, and I’m the exact same way. But it seems like almost everyone else just looks at their phone.
    I rarely use my phone for time. I am a watch wearer as well. Much prefer that over digging my phone out of my pocket.
    08-20-2017 04:41 PM
    I rarely use my phone for time. I am a watch wearer as well. Much prefer that over digging my phone out of my pocket.
    Like what you said, it is much easier to check the current time from a watch instead of a phone. And on the plus side, the Apple Watch also shows different complications as well as your notifications.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    08-20-2017 04:44 PM
    Agreed, but it seems like everyone I see glances on their phone.
    08-20-2017 09:34 PM
    Agreed, but it seems like everyone I see glances on their phone.
    Yep. Me too. But I personally much prefer using a watch.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-21-2017 05:31 AM
    Yep. I'm into automatic watches. It fascinates me.
    08-21-2017 06:11 AM
    I won't be updating to the Series 3. I would have been ok with a 1, but my wife got me the 2. The 2 doesn't lack anything for me.
    08-21-2017 09:47 AM
    I really can't answer until we know exactly what the Series 3 (or the next AW, whatever they call it) will be - it's hard to comment on rumors - but it seems highly unlikely that I will upgrade so soon after buying a Series 2. If I had bought the original when it first came out - maybe. But, at this point, I'm most likely to consider upgrading when the latest watchOS no longer supports the Series 2 that I wear now, or if my watch stops working for some reason (which will make me question whether the watch is durable enough for every day.)

(Oh, as for automatic watches - I still love them, and when I wear one, I just wear the AW on my right wrist, for the notifications and health data collection.)
    08-21-2017 10:05 AM
    As do I!
    08-21-2017 11:12 AM
    Yep. I'm into automatic watches. It fascinates me.
    Automatic watches fascinate me as well. The movement is a piece of art in itself.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-21-2017 11:12 AM
    Still wearing my OG Space Gray 42mm with no problems. Battery doesn't last as long as it used to but I still get through the day, and charge it nightly. I MIGHT get the Series 3, or maybe just pick up a Series 2 on clearance. I haven't worn a watch in years until now. I'll probably never wear a "traditional" watch again.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    08-21-2017 11:21 AM
    I'll probably never wear a "traditional" watch again.
    Same here. Now that I've had a taste of smartwatches, doubtful that I'll go back. I've been using a smart watch since the original Pebble. Been a good few years.
    toneofark likes this.
    08-21-2017 04:33 PM
    Automatic watches fascinate me as well. The movement is a piece of art in itself.
    Yes!!!
    I LOVE horology.
    08-21-2017 05:08 PM
    Yes!!!
    I LOVE horology.
    It is a fun and expensive hobby to get into!
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-21-2017 06:46 PM
    Same here. Now that I've had a taste of smartwatches, doubtful that I'll go back. I've been using a smart watch since the original Pebble. Been a good few years.
    I was intrigued by the Pebble but never made the leap. I still have a Gear S2 Classic from the brief period where I used a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, but as you can imagine it doesn't see any use.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    08-21-2017 09:06 PM
    I was intrigued by the Pebble but never made the leap. I still have a Gear S2 Classic from the brief period where I used a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, but as you can imagine it doesn't see any use.
    I've had the original Pebble and Pebble Time (which has been handed down to my daughter). Then I got the series 0 and now the series 2. I really can't imagine being without a smart watch.
    08-21-2017 09:58 PM
    I've had the original Pebble and Pebble Time (which has been handed down to my daughter). Then I got the series 0 and now the series 2. I really can't imagine being without a smart watch.
    Are you planning to upgrade to the Series 3 from the Series 2?
    08-22-2017 01:06 AM
    There's been talk of a series 3 AW releasing later this year. For those of you with the series 2, do you plan to upgrade or stay with what you've got?
    At this point, the only rumored change is the addition of LTE. That wouldn't get me to upgrade.
    08-22-2017 03:59 PM
82 1234