Just ordered my series 2

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well guess what I just did earlier? I took out my first gen AW which had the dislodged back panel (fortunately still working as the cable was still attached) from my drawer and I used glue to stick it back, even though the positioning of the sensors is slightly slanted.

So I paired it with my 7 Plus, updated to watchOS 3.2.2 and did the remaining of the settings. Though tedious but it works as a temporary solution while I wait for my Series 2 to return.

And now I have an AW to wear again! The good 'ol original AW. :D

Hopefully glue that can be undone so you can have it repaired if you want :)

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
They do like to under promise and over deliver

So it seems like a good thing. I was told it will be sent to a repair centre and see if it can be repaired, or will just replace it with a new one. Fortunately it's under warranty and I saw the e-invoice they sent me for this repair order, the price should be S$325 (US$235).

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It kind of bugs me that they can't repair or replace AWs in store like they can for iPhones and iPads. Stinks that you have to wait weeks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
All that tiny crap inside? I'd rather them take their time and make it look new again

Just swap it out for a refurb. Send the bad one out and add it to the refurb inventory when it's done.

I'm sure the available inventory for this is much lower than iPhones and they can't do it that way.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Just received e-mail from the Apple Store informing me that my AW S2 is ready for collection. It's a lot faster than the said estimate of 15 work days. Since last Monday until today, it's pretty fast.

Guess I'll wait to around this weekend for collection.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Just received e-mail from the Apple Store informing me that my AW S2 is ready for collection. It's a lot faster than the said estimate of 15 work days. Since last Monday until today, it's pretty fast.

Guess I'll wait to around this weekend for collection.

I wouldn't be able to wait to go get it. I'd drop everything to go get it bc I'm impatient like that. Let us know what you think of it!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It's a lot faster than the said estimate of 15 work days. Since last Monday until today, it's pretty fast.

It wasn't always the case, but Apple has long since decided to under promise and over deliver. That works for me!

I wouldn't be able to wait to go get it. I'd drop everything to go get it bc I'm impatient like that.

Word! Only because I have more than one Watch would I not make an immediate bee-line to pick it up collect it. If I had only one Watch, I'd be in front of Apple's doors going 'Open, open, open...'

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't be able to wait to go get it. I'd drop everything to go get it bc I'm impatient like that. Let us know what you think of it!

Yes I'm also quite impatient but I still have my first gen AW so the 'craving' to collect isn't so bad haha....

But I'll have to pair up and load all the settings again which is time consuming. But the S2 is faster.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
It wasn't always the case, but Apple has long since decided to under promise and over deliver. That works for me!

It's my very first Genius Bar appointment and the Apple Store here in Singapore only opened towards late May this year.

So far the experience has been awesome and I've been waiting for a Genius Bar here a long time.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hope hey take care of it for you. Sure they will Apple customer service rocks

Apple service doesn't "rock" that much if you have to book an appointment to replace an obviously faulty product! Is this really true?

Unless, of course, by "rock" you mean "is poor", in which case fair play to you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple service doesn't "rock" that much if you have to book an appointment to replace an obviously faulty product! Is this really true?

Unless, of course, by "rock" you mean "is poor", in which case fair play to you.

What’s the alternative? Walk in and wait for an hour for a Genius to be freed up? I’d MUCH rather have a set appointment where I can walk into the store and be serviced immediately rather than have to wait in line to see someone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro