Just ordered my series 2

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered my new 42mm series 2 SS Black. Super stoked. Got it through work for $75 off.

I currently have the space gray sport. Wasn’t sure if I could wear a watch, but I love it. Decided to grab it before the work promo(Aetna ended.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Congrats on the new SS! I'm wanting a SS in the future (hopefully series 3) since I'm loving my rose gold sport S2. Will be nice to trade watches depending on the occasion. Enjoy your new addition :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
ConGrats. I still love my original series Black Stainless Steel Apple Watch and wear it everyday. I'm amazed at how it's holding up with no screen protector or any protection to speak of.
91609017e02698417539a83130f7c6c7.jpg

1ce9feaa4ae9e97f4b528781d66bea9c.jpg

No scratches, dings or blemishes to speak of.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
This morning my Series 2's screen popped up on one side possibly due to bloated battery after charging overnight. Very disappointed despite only purchased on April 26.

I've booked a Genius Bar appointment for tomorrow. Guess I've to be without my AW for a few days.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hoping to have it by wed. next week. Time will tell 😀
Congratulations on your new Apple Watch! It's always nice when we are able to get discounts through Work/college. Makes the purchase that much more exciting. Post a photo if you have time. I know it's nothing new but still awesome to see mint in box Apple products 😃

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
This morning my Series 2's screen popped up on one side possibly due to bloated battery after charging overnight. Very disappointed despite only purchased on April 26.

I've booked a Genius Bar appointment for tomorrow. Guess I've to be without my AW for a few days.

Whoa what? I've not heard of others doing that. Is this an S2 issue? Hope they fix quickly.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I've booked a Genius Bar appointment for tomorrow.
Guess I've to be without my AW for a few days.

Hope hey take care of it for you. Sure they will Apple customer service rocks

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Whoa what? I've not heard of others doing that. Is this an S2 issue? Hope they fix quickly.

Yes it happened and it's on a Series 2. Previously the warranty extension is for the original Series 0's battery bloating problem and now it has spread to the Series 2, or maybe mine's an isolated issue.

But.....charging overnight everyday shouldn't be a problem right? It did not happen on my previous Series 0 but the charging pal at the back kept dislodging 3 times over and I thought by getting the Series 2 would solve it, apparently it did but introduced another issue.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Hope hey take care of it for you. Sure they will Apple customer service rocks

Yes and I've full confidence in them. Now just have to send it in and wait. Hopefully by next weekend I'll have it back. But the troublesome part is having to re-update the software and restoring all the apps.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes it happened and it's on a Series 2. Previously the warranty extension is for the original Series 0's battery bloating problem and now it has spread to the Series 2, or maybe mine's an isolated issue.

But.....charging overnight everyday shouldn't be a problem right? It did not happen on my previous Series 0 but the charging pal at the back kept dislodging 3 times over and I thought by getting the Series 2 would solve it, apparently it did but introduced another issue.

I charge my phone, iPad and AW overnight. Haven't had any issues. Stinks that you're seeing an issue again. I didn't have the bloating issue with my S0 either. Frustrating. I'd be annoyed bc I'd lose my Activity data

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I charge my phone, iPad and AW overnight. Haven't had any issues. Stinks that you're seeing an issue again. I didn't have the bloating issue with my S0 either. Frustrating. I'd be annoyed bc I'd lose my Activity data

Sigh...just my luck. I've not had any issues with Apple products but the AW's constantly plaguing me with issues.

Think I might not buy the Series 3 if it's out as given these issues on me, it's just wasting time and money.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered my new 42mm series 2 SS Black. Super stoked. Got it through work for $75 off.

I currently have the space gray sport. Wasn’t sure if I could wear a watch, but I love it. Decided to grab it before the work promo(Aetna ended.

What band did you get?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yikes that stinks. Hopefully it's resolved quickly!

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Ugh. I wouldn't be surprised if it's shorter than that, but prepare for the worst :)

Well guess what I just did earlier? I took out my first gen AW which had the dislodged back panel (fortunately still working as the cable was still attached) from my drawer and I used glue to stick it back, even though the positioning of the sensors is slightly slanted.

So I paired it with my 7 Plus, updated to watchOS 3.2.2 and did the remaining of the settings. Though tedious but it works as a temporary solution while I wait for my Series 2 to return.

And now I have an AW to wear again! The good 'ol original AW. :D