It kind of bugs me that they can't repair or replace AWs in store like they can for iPhones and iPads. Stinks that you have to wait weeks.
    07-03-2017 07:49 PM
    It kind of bugs me that they can't repair or replace AWs in store like they can for iPhones and iPads. Stinks that you have to wait weeks.
    All that tiny crap inside? I'd rather them take their time and make it look new again
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    All that tiny crap inside? I'd rather them take their time and make it look new again
    I get why they have to do it, but waiting for weeks to get back a device that expensive and that useful stinks.
    07-03-2017 08:54 PM
    I get why they have to do it, but waiting for weeks to get back a device that expensive and that useful stinks.
    True my patience is only goes so far lol
    eyecrispy likes this.
    07-03-2017 08:54 PM
    At least I still have my first gen AW to use, though a little slower and batt life shorter.
    07-03-2017 11:02 PM
    . Stinks that you have to wait weeks.
    Indeed! All the more reason to have at least two Watches.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    07-04-2017 03:13 AM
    Indeed! All the more reason to have at least two Watches.
    Ha. Lemme see if I can convince hubby with that logic.
    07-04-2017 06:55 AM
    Just swap it out for a refurb. Send the bad one out and add it to the refurb inventory when it's done.

I'm sure the available inventory for this is much lower than iPhones and they can't do it that way.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    07-04-2017 07:30 AM
    Just received e-mail from the Apple Store informing me that my AW S2 is ready for collection. It's a lot faster than the said estimate of 15 work days. Since last Monday until today, it's pretty fast.

Guess I'll wait to around this weekend for collection.
    ksassy, eyecrispy and robertk328 like this.
    07-11-2017 04:32 AM
    Just received e-mail from the Apple Store informing me that my AW S2 is ready for collection. It's a lot faster than the said estimate of 15 work days. Since last Monday until today, it's pretty fast.

Guess I'll wait to around this weekend for collection.
    I wouldn't be able to wait to go get it. I'd drop everything to go get it bc I'm impatient like that. Let us know what you think of it!
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    07-11-2017 12:36 PM
    It's a lot faster than the said estimate of 15 work days. Since last Monday until today, it's pretty fast.
    It wasn't always the case, but Apple has long since decided to under promise and over deliver. That works for me!

I wouldn't be able to wait to go get it. I'd drop everything to go get it bc I'm impatient like that.
    Word! Only because I have more than one Watch would I not make an immediate bee-line to pick it up collect it. If I had only one Watch, I'd be in front of Apple's doors going 'Open, open, open...'
    eyecrispy likes this.
    07-11-2017 04:52 PM
    I wouldn't be able to wait to go get it. I'd drop everything to go get it bc I'm impatient like that. Let us know what you think of it!
    Yes I'm also quite impatient but I still have my first gen AW so the 'craving' to collect isn't so bad haha....

But I'll have to pair up and load all the settings again which is time consuming. But the S2 is faster.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    07-11-2017 08:29 PM
    It wasn't always the case, but Apple has long since decided to under promise and over deliver. That works for me!
    It's my very first Genius Bar appointment and the Apple Store here in Singapore only opened towards late May this year.

So far the experience has been awesome and I've been waiting for a Genius Bar here a long time.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    07-11-2017 08:33 PM
    Hope hey take care of it for you. Sure they will Apple customer service rocks
    Apple service doesn't "rock" that much if you have to book an appointment to replace an obviously faulty product! Is this really true?

Unless, of course, by "rock" you mean "is poor", in which case fair play to you.
    07-12-2017 05:54 AM
    Apple service doesn't "rock" that much if you have to book an appointment to replace an obviously faulty product! Is this really true?

Unless, of course, by "rock" you mean "is poor", in which case fair play to you.
    What’s the alternative? Walk in and wait for an hour for a Genius to be freed up? I’d MUCH rather have a set appointment where I can walk into the store and be serviced immediately rather than have to wait in line to see someone.
    comiken205 likes this.
    07-12-2017 06:16 AM

Compared with the rest of the mobile product world - Samsung, Motorola, LG, HTC, etc. - is there any question that Apple tech support is head and shoulders above the rest? Perhaps it starts with the (anecdotal) fact that my Apple products are so solid that I've needed Apple support a grand total of once - when they recalled the battery of my 6s, and I had a new battery in my phone in one hour.

I guess your experience is different.
    07-12-2017 10:18 AM
    Compared with the rest of the mobile product world - Samsung, Motorola, LG, HTC, etc. - is there any question that Apple tech support is head and shoulders above the rest? Perhaps it starts with the (anecdotal) fact that my Apple products are so solid that I've needed Apple support a grand total of once - when they recalled the battery of my 6s, and I had a new battery in my phone in one hour.

I guess your experience is different.
    I have only once needed customer support in 18 years of mobile phone ownership, or for other products such as tablets or PCs - whatever the brand. This includes two Apple products - an iPad and a iPod. A phone I owned had a faulty battery, and the shop in question replaced it immediately under the manufacturer's warranty.

If you check back, you will see my comment was about the fact that the OP had made an appointment to return an obviously faulty device. I would seriously expect *any* shop to replace or repair such a product without an appointment. This is not good customer service. This is obeying the law.
    07-12-2017 02:01 PM
    Managed to get to the Apple Store to collect back my Series 2 and they told me it's a brand new set, though still in the small white box.

Currently updating the OS back to 3.2.2, so far so good and I really hope I won't have to return to the Genius Bar for AW issues.
    ksassy likes this.
    07-13-2017 03:01 AM
    Managed to get to the Apple Store to collect back my Series 2 and they told me it's a brand new set, though still in the small white box.
    You can compare the new serial number in the About section on the Watch or in the Watch app on the phone, to original serial number on the box.

I assume the small white box is what you brought in or they put it in when you went to the Store?

Anyway, great that you've got your Watch back.
    07-13-2017 12:14 PM
    You can compare the new serial number in the About section on the Watch or in the Watch app on the phone, to original serial number on the box.

I assume the small white box is what you brought in or they put it in when you went to the Store?

Anyway, great that you've got your Watch back.
    I brought in the watch by itself without any box, but was returned in a cardboard box, in it the white box with plastic wrapping and the watch unit with plastic wrapping as well.

The serial number tallies with the white box.

Now I have my first gen AW paired to my 6s Plus which I usually use when overseas.
    07-13-2017 11:12 PM
45 12