Noticed the other day when I put my Apple Watch on that the digital crown was, for the lack of a better term, 'sticky'. Has anyone out there encountered this before? And if so, how did you fix it?

I run my watch under water after workouts, but other than that have no idea how this could have happened!
    06-02-2017 03:15 PM
    Happens all the time to me. I work in dirty dusty environments. I just run it under some water and spin it under the water. Comes out like new. I have to do this every month or two.
    06-02-2017 03:20 PM
    I have a first gen Watch and as I was tanning on the beach, there got some sand on the Digital Crown. I rinsed it off with drinking water and it worked as new.

Same goes for sticky, just rinse it of with 'showering temp' water (for lack of a better description) and you're good to go.
    06-02-2017 03:46 PM
    Noticed the other day when I put my Apple Watch on that the digital crown was, for the lack of a better term, 'sticky'. Has anyone out there encountered this before? And if so, how did you fix it?

I run my watch under water after workouts, but other than that have no idea how this could have happened!
    Yes, this happens to me as well. I don't regularly run the watch under water, but, when this happens, I rinse the digital crown area under a slow stream of tap water while I spin and tap the crown.

Apple has a support article for just this subject. See the bottom of https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204639
    06-02-2017 05:28 PM
    All great tips - thanks everyone Going to give this a try today after my workout!!
    06-03-2017 09:57 AM
    Pleased to report that running the crown under water while turning it absolutely did the trick.

Thanks all for the help! Y'all rock!
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-05-2017 08:49 AM
    Yes! I sweat a lot when I run and workout and it often will get sticky. I do what folks above do and run under water while pressing and spinning the crown. That always does the trick.
    06-05-2017 06:14 PM