Over the last few weeks, my Apple Watch (nike+ edition) has put itself into airplane mode randomly 3-4 times. I'll feel Taptic feedback on my wrist, look down and see that it has gone into airplane mode.

Each time, I've been in such a hurry that I failed to look at my phone to see if it was in airplane mode. I just go swipe up on the watch and toggle it back on and everything is fine.

I just wonder why it is going into airplane mode randomly. I'm never playing on my phone when this happens, so it's not that I accidentally toggle it off from there, nor am I fiddling with the watch.
    05-15-2017 05:51 PM
    That's a new one. I'm assuming your watch OS is up to date. Are you wearing long sleeve shirts by any chance? I've had a couple of times when I was out running and I swear the sleeve of my running jacket has activated something on my watch.
    05-15-2017 06:21 PM
    Are you wearing long sleeve shirts by any chance?
    That was my first thought. And when all things are working properly, putting your Watch (accidentally or deliberately) in AirPlane mode will put your phone in AirPlane mode. I assume the phone has to be within BT and/or WiFi range. Taking the Watch out of AP mode won't put your phone back in play because— it's in AP mode. So you if you didn't have to restore BR and WiFi, maybe your Watch is going rogue.
    Last edited by Mac Guy; 05-17-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    05-15-2017 08:10 PM
    That's a new one. I'm assuming your watch OS is up to date. Are you wearing long sleeve shirts by any chance? I've had a couple of times when I was out running and I swear the sleeve of my running jacket has activated something on my watch.
    That was my first thought. And when all things are working properly, putting your Watch (accidentally or deliberately) will put your phone in AirPlane mode. I assume the phone has to be within BT and/or WiFi range. T

aking the Watch out of AP mode won't put your phone back in play because— it's in AP mode. So you if you didn't have to restore BR and WiFi, maybe your Watch is going rogue.
    Yes, my watchOS is up to date. I am fairly certain that this has happened to me both with a long sleeved shirt, and short sleeve. I'm totally baffled. There's a ghost living in my watch!
    05-16-2017 08:37 PM
    Mine does it too, and also puts itself into 'night mode' too. I thought i was bumping the screen until one day I happened to see it happen. I lifted up my arm to check the time, the screen lit up and i saw that little icon on top that shows notifications, change to a little airplane, then it flashed and the little blue moon for night mode popped up. I scrolled the bottom up and yep, it was in night mode AND airplane mode. Mine also puts itself into water mode all the time. Drives me nuts, I press the screen, nothing swipe, nothing, then look at the little water drop is on top. Dang it, gotta spin the dial 400 times boop boop boop boop BBOOP BLEEEP. back on normal mode lol
    05-18-2017 09:49 PM
    Mine does it too, and also puts itself into 'night mode' too. I thought i was bumping the screen until one day I happened to see it happen. I lifted up my arm to check the time, the screen lit up and i saw that little icon on top that shows notifications, change to a little airplane, then it flashed and the little blue moon for night mode popped up. I scrolled the bottom up and yep, it was in night mode AND airplane mode. Mine also puts itself into water mode all the time. Drives me nuts, I press the screen, nothing swipe, nothing, then look at the little water drop is on top. Dang it, gotta spin the dial 400 times boop boop boop boop BBOOP BLEEEP. back on normal mode lol
    Mine has gone into night mode once or twice. But mostly it just goes into airplane mode. Yours seems to go more rogue than mine. I am still baffled every time it happens. No idea why.
    05-20-2017 05:21 PM