Question to Nike Watch owners

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Specifically if you did not have Nike Run Club already on your phone when you got your watch. Was the app on your watch or were you prompted somehow to download it?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Just a FTR response, as I'm NOT a Nike Watch owner, just an original Apple Watch owner. Nike Fitness Club is available for us to download, and should work fine on our watches, although you might get more feature if you own Series 2 OR the Nike model itself. :)

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Just a FTR response, as I'm NOT a Nike Watch owner, just an original Apple Watch owner. Nike Fitness Club is available for us to download, and should work fine on our watches, although you might get more feature if you own Series 2 OR the Nike model itself. :)

I know that, I've tried NRC on my watch, lol. My question stems from the fact that to load an app on the watch, we need to download it to our phone first. So I am wondering if the watch comes with the app somehow already installed.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I do not have the Nike+ watch, but according to the reviews that I read, the app is preinstalled on the watch, and pairing the watch to your phone will install the NRC app on your iPhone if it is not already there.

See https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/07/apple-watch-nike-plus-hands-on/
In addition to looking like a Nike Watch — it's available in four sporty color combinations, all variations on black, gray, white and green — it comes loaded with Nike's own running app.

and Review: Apple Watch Nike+ isn't much different from Series 2, and that's OK

Those who purchase the Apple Watch Nike+ will have the Nike+ Run Club app preinstalled, which will then put it on the user's iPhone.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for that. So the watch installs whatever version it has on the phone, and then if you have auto updates, the app will be updated after that.

I wonder if this might be the cause of some of the issues I have heard/read about with NRC.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for that. So the watch installs whatever version it has on the phone, and then if you have auto updates, the app will be updated after that.

I wonder if this might be the cause of some of the issues I have heard/read about with NRC.

That is possible. I wasn't really paying attention as I wanted to give the app a try. I normally use Map My Run. Mine has worked well for the four times that I used it. I don't run more than 2-3 days a week so I am not a hardcore runner, but I have not had any issues that I know of.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
That is possible. I wasn't really paying attention as I wanted to give the app a try. I normally use Map My Run. Mine has worked well for the four times that I used it. I don't run more than 2-3 days a week so I am not a hardcore runner, but I have not had any issues that I know of.

I personally use MapMyRun but have tried Runtastic, Runkeeper and NRC. I didnt have any issues with any of the apps, but only used each once or twice to try them out.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Specifically if you did not have Nike Run Club already on your phone when you got your watch. Was the app on your watch or were you prompted somehow to download it?

I'm not positive, but I'm fairly certain I was prompted to download during the watch setup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711