Silver or Space Grey

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious what everyone's opinion is with silver or space grey Apple Watch.
I got a space grey one but it seems like a lot more band options tend to lean more to the silver color. And I'm considering swapping watches.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious what everyone's opinion is with silver or space grey Apple Watch.
I got a space grey one but it seems like a lot more band options tend to lean more to the silver color. And I'm considering swapping watches.

Personally I have silver. There are places you can customize bands with matching lugs and buckles but most of the 3rd party bands do have silver hardware. Clockworksynergy.com is a good example.

For the sport bands, it doesnt matter since the connector is in the band.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought Space Grey, because that's the one that they had in stock at the store at the time, but I would have been fine with silver. I think that they both look equally fine. Maybe the one advantage of space grey is that maybe the black display looks better with the darker color watch case.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I got a space grey one but it seems like a lot more band options tend to lean more to the silver color.

I agree and if I could only wear one Watch, let it be Stainless! But I don't have to, so I have all the basics except silver.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the space gray. I am not a fan of the silver watch. No real reason other than I just don't like the look.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a silver phone and love it, but when looking at the watch, I'd go with space gray before the silver.... and then of course, there is the rose gold!

jmerrey

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's because I have a space black, but the grey looks off to me. I like the silver. I'd love to see a brushed or matte SS option in the future.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I ended up going with silver. I just feel it goes with a lot more not only accessories but pretty much any occasion and outfit.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Silver is next on the list. All the other bases are covered except for Rose Gold and I don't care for it.

I personally like the Silver view it as an actual style choice where to me Space Gray is almost the matte black of the watch world, almost as though you're avoiding fashion. Almost but not quite.

My iPod (Classic), phone, and one Watch are Space Gray and I like them. When it came to getting a Macbook, I chose gold because I liked Apple's version of it, and I was cool with SG. So I'm looking forward to getting a Silver Watch.

This $70 S2/Nike sale will be over before it's time for me to pull the trigger, but if there's one more after that— Boom! I'd be tempted to forego a Nike+ for the moment if Target had a $70 Off sale in S2s. That Target card is burning a hole in my wallet.

Decisions! All this pondering does save me money on occasion. :laughing:

knobi79

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
Space Grey always look better if you combine it with a strap that has BLACK hardware. Although an Apple Watch, Silver is still too generic

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Neither...LOL. I went with the Black Stainless Steel, however my next color Apple Watch will be "regular" Stainless Steel.

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The space black SS is the my favorite -- I'm just too cheap to buy it.

Bit the bullet and bought one a couple of weeks ago, love it. Sold my gold aluminum S2 and won't ever look back.

Problem is now that when new versions come out I'm going to always want stainless.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods