Just ordered a Nike +

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi m, so I've just pulled the trigger on a Nike+ mainly for running.

This will be the second time I've owned an Apple Watch. The first I took back as I felt it wasn't worth the money but with the newer series 2 and me taking up running I'm hoping the cost will be justified.

I pick it up tomorrow and I'm quite excited lol

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

This will be the second time I've owned an Apple Watch. The first I took back as I felt it wasn't worth the money but with the newer series 2 and me taking up running I'm hoping the cost will be justified.

I bought the Nike+ series 2 a little over a week ago. This is the third time I've owned one. I had the original about a year ago, the Series 1 about 2 months ago and now a Series 2 Nike+. I had the same issue that you did. I couldn't justify the cost. In the past I think I looked for reasons to not justify it because I jumped back and forth with iOS and android. I have realized that I'm more firmly planted with iOS now and this Watch fits in very well.

Plus with the Series 2 you get the GPS and waterproof additions. I appreciate both of those. And the battery life is definitely better. I could do two days now if I needed to.

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Nike+ series 2 a little over a week ago. This is the third time I've owned one. I had the original about a year ago, the Series 1 about 2 months ago and now a Series 2 Nike+. I had the same issue that you did. I couldn't justify the cost. In the past I think I looked for reasons to not justify it because I jumped back and forth with iOS and android. I have realized that I'm more firmly planted with iOS now and this Watch fits in very well.

Plus with the Series 2 you get the GPS and waterproof additions. I appreciate both of those. And the battery life is definitely better. I could do two days now if I needed to.

Yep the gps does it for me along with the brighter screen to see in the sunlight (when we get it here in the uk lol)

I'm just hoping Spotify can now sort out a situation so I can sync my playlists onto the watch so I can run phone free

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm quite envious! I've been wanting an N+ for some time now. I've recently come into some extra deposable income and have been getting an itchy trigger finger! But I'm pretty sure we'll see something new in Watches in the fall, so I'm waiting... Waiting... And getting tired of wait... LOL

Forget about the price and you'll be surprised at how much the Watch can do and how much you'll end up using it.

Just one thing about the Watch and playlists— it's playlist. So far, I think you can only make one playlist for the Watch. I'm sure it's just a software thing and that some update will allow for a couple at least. But until then...

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm quite envious! I've been wanting an N+ for some time now. I've recently come into some extra deposable income and have been getting an itchy trigger finger! But I'm pretty sure we'll see something new in Watches in the fall, so I'm waiting... Waiting... And getting tired of wait... LOL

Forget about the price and you'll be surprised at how much the Watch can do and how much you'll end up using it.

Just one thing about the Watch and playlists— it's playlist. So far, I think you can only make one playlist for the Watch. I'm sure it's just a software thing and that some update will allow for a couple at least. But until then...

Hi, yea I was gonna wait but thought you can do that with any tech and you'll never get anything as there's always something new around the corner. If that happens then I shall sell the current Watch to help fund the new one. It's a way off till September time yet any way so plenty of time with this one.

One playlist is fine at the moment but it needs to be Spotify as I don't use Apple Music. It's a horrible UI and I hate the way it mixes your purchases to your streams.

I feel it's a hot mess.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Gadget Goblin said:
One playlist is fine at the moment but it needs to be Spotify as I don't use Apple Music. It's a horrible UI and I hate the way it mixes your purchases to your streams.

No argument here. You can separate the purchases from the streams but it's still a mess.

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
There's an app in development for Spotify so I'm hoping that comes very soon.

Just got back from picking the Watch up and now setting I up

cd5d7601e7f69d32555bf6cd7b8c2f83.jpg

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations on your new purchase. I felt the same way when I saw the first Apple watch. Now called series '0'. Was it nice? Definitely! But not enough for the price you had to pay. I think the Series 2 and Nike + offer way more and the price seems justified now :)

The white colour looks awesome! Let us know how it goes after a couple days.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nike+. Much better than my Series 0, which was definitely not ready for prime time, in my opinion. The series 2 is better, but can still be refined. I do like it for running and other fitness activities.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Geeze, now I'm off to Amazon for a new band!

I really like my AWs and the S2 is ok. But one is probably enough and S1s will be the sweet spot. My AWs are regularly rotated with the S2 and they are perfectly fine for me. Prior to wOS3 I was a little disappointed but the update changed all that.

Except for the GPS, there's virtually no difference for me between AW and S2. I don't own an SW1. Yet.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Oh, Congrats!

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Has any one else experienced an issue with the Nike app on the watch??

Twice now I've had it where it's just stopped half way through a run

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Has any one else experienced an issue with the Nike app on the watch??

Twice now I've had it where it's just stopped half way through a run

Personally I dont use Nike Run Club but one of my coworkers does. She had some issues with it on her Series 0 watch. She has a Nike watch now. I should ask her if she has had any since her upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro