Apple Watch water resistance

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone run into any issues with the water resistance in the Apple Watch Series 2? Reason I ask, is a couple of times now I've actually had issues with water (I think) causing problems.

After a workout, I run the watch under water and clean it thoroughly. I then use the fancy water tool (can't remember what it's called now) to eject water out of the speaker hole. Odd thing is though, TWICE when doing this (immediately after running the watch under water), my watch became unusable. I actually had to factory reset my watch to get it working again.

Anyone else experience the same, or so I perhaps have a small 'leak' in the waterproofing??

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Anyone run into any issues with the water resistance in the Apple Watch Series 2? Reason I ask, is a couple of times now I've actually had issues with water (I think) causing problems.

After a workout, I run the watch under water and clean it thoroughly. I then use the fancy water tool (can't remember what it's called now) to eject water out of the speaker hole. Odd thing is though, TWICE when doing this (immediately after running the watch under water), my watch became unusable. I actually had to factory reset my watch to get it working again.

Anyone else experience the same, or so I perhaps have a small 'leak' in the waterproofing??

I only just washed mine under running water and used the water ejection feature twice after that, the watch functions as per normal.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Snoweagle - I should have mentioned 99% of the time it seems to function as it should. Just frustrating that I had to reset the darn thing a few times. Actually lost some workout info.

LaLamoto

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I turn on this feature just before entering the restroom. After washing and drying my hands I turn the dial and I never noticed any water ejection however I did noticed water inside the area that holds the bands (can't remember the name of this area)

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
@Snoweagle - I should have mentioned 99% of the time it seems to function as it should. Just frustrating that I had to reset the darn thing a few times. Actually lost some workout info.

I see, the later part I can't comment as I only got my Series 2 yesterday. But coming from the original AW, the only bug I encountered until current watchOS 3.2 is that occasionally after setting/adjusting alarm timing/setting and pressing the digital crown, the watch reboots automatically.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I turn on this feature just before entering the restroom. After washing and drying my hands I turn the dial and I never noticed any water ejection however I did noticed water inside the area that holds the bands (can't remember the name of this area)

That feature is only for the speaker.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had any problems and I've worn it a few times in the hot tub. I have had to use the water ejection feature more than once to clear out all the water.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with my Nike+ watch. I don't wash it after every single workout though. Just a few times a week.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Made a new observation today on my second day of my Series 2. I just got home and washed it under a running tap, cleaned it then activated the water ejection feature. The very first tone was 'broken' then normal all the way and I ran it a second time, all the tone was normal.

When I looked at the speaker area, saw two tiny droplets of water around it. So it really works!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

I am personally embarrassed how upset I get when I lose workout information. I almost feel that I didn't do the workout (Yes, I understand that is stupid).. But I need credit!!!!

If I leave my watch at home and get to work and realize that the chances of "closing the rings" for that day is impossible. (How can you stand for 12 hours when there is only 6 hrs left in the day).... I get mildly depressed.... OK.. I have a few issues

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am personally embarrassed how upset I get when I lose workout information. I almost feel that I didn't do the workout (Yes, I understand that is stupid).. But I need credit!!!!

If I leave my watch at home and get to work and realize that the chances of "closing the rings" for that day is impossible. (How can you stand for 12 hours when there is only 6 hrs left in the day).... I get mildly depressed.... OK.. I have a few issues

Maybe we can share the cost of a therapist. lol. I have been the same way with my fitbit. It rarely missed data, but when it did I felt like I was being told that I didn't do my workout. I just picked up the Nike+ Series 2 a couple days ago. It's actually my 3rd go with the Apple Watch in 2 years and I do love the satisfaction closing those rings. I'm sure at some point I will forget my watch or miss closing a ring by just a little bit and it will drive me nuts.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Maybe we can share the cost of a therapist. lol. I have been the same way with my fitbit. It rarely missed data, but when it did I felt like I was being told that I didn't do my workout. I just picked up the Nike+ Series 2 a couple days ago. It's actually my 3rd go with the Apple Watch in 2 years and I do love the satisfaction closing those rings. I'm sure at some point I will forget my watch or miss closing a ring by just a little bit and it will drive me nuts.

That is toooo Funny... I am also on my 3rd AW and I got the Nike + series two about 2 weeks ago and was using the fit bit HR between.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That is toooo Funny... I am also on my 3rd AW and I got the Nike + series two about 2 weeks ago and was using the fit bit HR between.

Sounds like we are following a similar path. So we don't hijack this thread in a different direction, I will say that I really like the fact that it's waterproof. We are in the pool outside a lot during the summer and inside at the YMCA the rest of the year. I'm looking forward to trying the swim tracking.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner