Converts from Gear S3?

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone switch from a Samsung Gear S3 to Apple Watch? What are your thoughts? Sadly I am contemplating switching back to Android. Long story but my dependence on Google products at work is making more sense to the conversion. I also don't want to jump from the frying pan to the fire either.

Thanks

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Anyone switch from a Samsung Gear S3 to Apple Watch? What are your thoughts? Sadly I am contemplating switching back to Android. Long story but my dependence on Google products at work is making more sense to the conversion. I also don't want to jump from the frying pan to the fire either.

Thanks

I had the Gear S3 and with all due respect, I like it much better than the AW. The stand alone feature alone makes it worth switching. The reason I got rid of it and stuck with the AW is the integration with the iphone. It was OK, but you gave up on a lot of features.

It depends on how you like the Google ecosystem. If you like it and it fits your lifestyle and work, than go for it. It is an amazing watch

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't currently have a Gear S3 but the Gear S watch. I still use and own a S7 Edge and eventually, I would like to get whatever is the latest Gear watch at the time when I do decide.

I always liked that I could leave my phone at home and still get calls/make calls from the watch from the phone and get notifications from the phone. Samsung did an amazing thing with the Gear S watches.

Yesterday while at my job, I left my iPhone in the car for half the night and the battery life on the Apple watch took a big hit because of this. Second time I noticed that the battery life suffered when not connected to the phone.

The Gear watches will do that a bit too when connected externally but that's to be expected since it is using the cell network. My watch would still easily last the full day this way. While using my Apple watch yesterday, I went back out to get my phone half way through my work shift because I was worried the watches battery wouldn't last the next four hours.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
What kind of data plan do you have for the GS?

T-Mobile has a wearable plan that has unlimited calls with 500MB data. Believe me, that is enough data for a smartwatch. They charged $15 with $10 credit each month so it was $5. In the end, they gave me the plan for free when I called to cancel it.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
You can make and receive calls when you do not have your phone with you. Like you can go for a run and leave your phone at home. It can "Stand Alone"

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
What is the stand alone feature?
You can leave your phone at home and still get calls and texts and notifications from the phone on the watch or you can set the watch so it is it's own standalone device with it's own phone number that can also get it's own calls and texts.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The Gear S3 can have always on time display if you want, right? I actually wouldn't mind that option on the Apple Watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice