Earth Day Challenge

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone partaking in the Earth Day Challenge today via Apple Watch? Think you need to take 30 mins of outdoor activity to win a new badge!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope it's today :D

On my phone, the badge hit my activity app today, and probably everybody else's, but it says that it is specifically for 30 minutes of activity on the 22nd (which is Earth Day, so it makes sense that the Earth Day badge will be awarded for activity on Earth Day.).

I will do 30 minutes of activity on Saturday, but it's not for the badge. I seriously couldn't care less about badges. It's not why I track activity.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
On my phone, the badge hit my activity app today, and probably everybody else's, but it says that it is specifically for 30 minutes of activity on the 22nd (which is Earth Day, so it makes sense that the Earth Day badge will be awarded for activity on Earth Day.).

That's what I understand also. The badge is there but greyed out until you do the workout on the 22nd.

As a test I started a workout on my watch while I was doing a walk around on a job site. 45 minutes later, no badge.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
LillyISabelle said:
Already hit the badge

Had me worried for a second! I'd read it wasn't until the 22nd, and assumed it would only be the 22nd. The greyed-out version is there, as shown in doogald's post. But once earned it looks something like:

117833d1492730506-earth-day-challenge-img_3599.jpg

I even set a Reminder.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
No, no sign up required. In fact, if you could complete the Challenge without even knowing there was one, and you'd score the Achievement.

It's just like exceeding your goals by 100-200-300%.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I did 44 minutes using the Nike App

If you look at the Activity app on your phone, does it show the workout there? I used the MapMyRun app and got credit today.
IMG_6832.PNG

There was a problem with 3rd party apps not giving credit during the Thanksgiving Day Challenge last year. I would hope that's not an issue again. Especially for Nike watch users and the Nike app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR