Best uses for Siri on the Apple Watch?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What are your favorite commands to ask Siri on your Apple Watch? For me, I have to admit asking Siri to send a text is still the most frequent thing I do...

But I have a feeling I'd do a few other things - but could use your tips :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that I use it for is timers. I've used it to send a text once or twice, but I don't really feel it was any easier than just pulling out my phone and taking care of it normally.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Set timer for...

Set alarm for...

Siri, any messages?

What's the weather like?

What's the weather for tomorrow?

Planes overhead

Turn on/off the _______ lights

Goodnight, Siri [turns off all lights]

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that I use it for is timers. I've used it to send a text once or twice, but I don't really feel it was any easier than just pulling out my phone and taking care of it normally.

Exactly why I use my iPhone for Siri 99% of the time. Shes super slow on my Apple Watch but pretty quick on my iPhone 7 Plus.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Siri much in general. I do have her place calls for me on my AW sometimes while I'm driving if I HAVE to take a call. I also have her add tasks for me in Todoist, which is nice.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use Siri on my Watch to unlock my front door using HomeKit and sending texts.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Siri, call... (forgot that one)

bamf-hacker said:
I use Siri on my Watch to unlock my front door...

I'm considering that with an August lock. I won't stop carrying a door key, but this would be really useful for me.

Can you confirm that you can't use geolocation to lock and unlock your door with a HomeKit-compatible lock?

I know the August lock will auto-lock on a time delay, like a iPhone lock screen. But I've heard that with HomeKit, you'll have to tap the phone (or Watch?) instead of just approaching the door. Yes, no?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Siri, call... (forgot that one)

I'm considering that with an August lock. I won't stop carrying a door key, but this would be really useful for me.

Can you confirm that you can't use geolocation to lock and unlock your door with a HomeKit-compatible lock?

I know the August lock will auto-lock on a time delay, like a iPhone lock screen. But I've heard that with HomeKit, you'll have to tap the phone (or Watch?) instead of just approaching the door. Yes, no?

I dont use the August Lock. I am using the Shalage lock. It does not work with geolocation. You need to use the app or the keypad to gain access.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
bamf-hacker said:
You need to use the app or the keypad to gain access.

I'm now certain that's a HomeKit thing, common to any HomeKit-compatible lock. Apple is probably doing that for security reasons, whereas geolocation is supposed to work with Hue-Homekit lights.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I just mentioned in another thread that telling Siri on the Watch to take me to a location was very handy. I didn't have to take my phone out. Very quick and easy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods