Notifications & Sounds.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm playing around with my new AW2. Everything seems fine, I think!

Regarding texts and email messages: I have 'mirror iphone' checked in settings but nothing seems to happen unless I physically check on my AW. Should they be pushed from my phone? and should I get a sound on my AW?

Many thanks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You should get a sound but that depends if your watch is on silent mode or not.
If silent mode is not enabled, you should get a sound and notification on the screen.

You can manage your notification preferences in the Watch app.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Tartarus,

It's all set up correctly on my iPhone AW setings. I will go through the notification preferences on the AW and see if it's set-up correctly there.

Many thanks.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I had to disable the passcode function in order to get notifications to come through on my watch while I am not using it. Once I disabled the passcode, everything worked the way the OP is hoping.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You will also not get a haptic feedback or sound on the Watch if you don't have some type of sound or vibration set on the iPhone. If you have the iPhone set to banners and no sounds/vibrations then on the Watch you will see the red notification indicator but you will not feel or hear the notice.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
If I had a wish-list for the next version of watchOS, it would be the ability to discretely set notifications for the watch. So, for example, on a per-application basis, I'd be able to get whichever notification I wanted - sound, haptic, both, or neither - and regardless if the phone is also getting the notification. I'm getting to the point where I want the watch to be my notification device, and my phone to make a sound or vibrate only if I am not wearing the watch.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If I had a wish-list for the next version of watchOS, it would be the ability to discretely set notifications for the watch. So, for example, on a per-application basis, I'd be able to get whichever notification I wanted - sound, haptic, both, or neither - and regardless if the phone is also getting the notification. I'm getting to the point where I want the watch to be my notification device, and my phone to make a sound or vibrate only if I am not wearing the watch.

Yea, would be nice to be able to get more granular.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Nothing seems to be coming through unless I set my messaging apps, i,e messenger and What's app, email etc, to custom. If I set to 'mirror iPhone' messages don't come through!

Any ideas?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Nothing seems to be coming through unless I set my messaging apps, i,e messenger and What's app, email etc, to custom. If I set to 'mirror iPhone' messages don't come through!

Any ideas?

Do you have the passcode turned off? I had to turn that off on mine to be able to get notifications at the same time they come through on the phone.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Passcode is turned off.

I'm not too bothered. Everything seems to be coming through to the watch instantly. I've been messing about all day with it. now it's working, I don't want to mess it up.