Apple store bands vs Amazon bands

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Is their much of a difference on between the apple store bands and Amazon bands? Other then price? Is their a quality difference ?
59ebba830ce48a5f2bbae48215c67cb5.png
a19842829284da902168b29bf56b1fe3.png

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I own the Apple Milanese loop myself and none of the third party version, but, when I was deciding which to buy, I read the comments on many/most (all?) of the third party versions sold on Amazon, and they seem to say that they are not as good. The magnet doesn't hold as well, or the band stretches as you wear it - these seem to be common reviews of the third party versions.

Again, I cannot say from personal experience, but this seemed to be in all of the Amazon reviews.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Well, in Amazon you ca find from the cheapest (in quality) brandless band until the most amazing and good band, it's matter of taking care from the seller to the materials of the band.

Just making a simple search you will find a lot of prices and options:

Amazon Apple Watch Bands

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I think it varies depending on where you buy and what type of band. I haven't had any issues with my 3rd party Milanese band. Works and looks great. The silicone bands I have from amazon aren't as thick as the Apple silicone bands, but they work well enough and are very comfortable.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I have several from Amazon and they have all been good. I change often so that could be why they are lasting longer.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Is their a quality difference ?

Yes. Absolutely yes.

I seriously doubt any of the third-party knock-off bands are as good as an Apple band. That's why Apple can charge a premium for their bands. Not just because they spend more money on making them, but because they are categorically better. But price is a consideration for everybody.

First, quality of third party knockoffs are all over the map, from poor to really pretty good. Very good to excellent? I don't believe so, but that's me.

Second, not everybody has the same requirements or reasons for choosing bands. For some people, as long as it's cheap and looks something like an Apple band so others think they spent a lot of money, they're happy. Others like the look of the Apple bands, don't care that they're not Apple, and are willing to make some compromise. The amount of compromise is usually related to the price.

I have a couple of knockoff Sport bands and am awaiting a KO Milanese band as well. I'm not ready to pay Apple pricing for them if I can find something that looks good (and not all KOs do!) and works acceptable.

In contrast, I just bought the previous version of the Apple Classic Buckle for $149. I don't like the new version's buckle, and NOBODY that I could find makes a simple, elegant band as nice as the Apple Classic Buckle. Maybe Hermès. But I don't have Rene Ritchie money. There are other nice leather bands, well made, cheaper, but not like the Classic buckle, so I bit the bullet.

Nothing is perfect, not even Apple kit. Something can go wrong. The one compromise to avoid is in reliability. You don't want a band to break and result in loss or damage to your Watch.

So balance what you get with what you're paying. Only you know what is acceptable and makes you happy.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I see many but not all third party bands have a high percentage of user reviews that state failure - they broke. I'm not touching that because I'm sure a physically active lifestyle ups my chance of the problem happening.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Quality is defiantly not there with the cheap third party bands. If you buy some of the more expensive bands then you will get better quality replicas. However almost all of the cheap knock offs won't be close to the quality you get from Apple bands.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I will also add that I've had a few 3rd party bands that I've purchased from Amazon that have had issues with the latch portion of the band. They had trouble clicking/locking in to the watch. Of course, I did not use those bands once they developed that problem for fear or having my AW fall on the ground during wear. Not all of my 3rd party bands do that, but a few have. The sellers have replaced or refunded me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative