Its official - Nike Sport bands for sale separately now

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It looks like my post on the subject didn't make the cut since there were already two posted.

I'll have to eat Cornish Game Hen (I don't do crow) as I thought it would be a lot longer if ever that Apple sold those bands separately. But good news for those who like the bands and aren't going to get the Nike+.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nike+ band. Glad to see that they'll be offering it .... although I'm surprised they're doing it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nike+ band. Glad to see that they'll be offering it .... although I'm surprised they're doing it.

I'm not. I'd hate to be somebody who bought a Nike+ watch who needed a replacement band and couldn't get one, since they were only selling the bands with the watch. This is pretty much what they did with Hermes - sold the bands only with the Hermes version of the watch, then started selling the bands separately later - right?

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not. I'd hate to be somebody who bought a Nike+ watch who needed a replacement band and couldn't get one, since they were only selling the bands with the watch. This is pretty much what they did with Hermes - sold the bands only with the Hermes version of the watch, then started selling the bands separately later - right?

True. Good point.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm not shocked the Nike+ bands are for sale now since it is exactly what they did with the Hermes bands. What is more surprising to me is how few options there are now for bands when you first buy the watch. You only get one option for the sport model and two with the stainless steel.

I didnt understand why they had so many options at release and now there really arent any. If you want the gold sport watch, you get the blue band. Period. Silver sport, white band. The only watches you can buy with a leather band are the Hermes ones.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not shocked the Nike+ bands are for sale now since it is exactly what they did with the Hermes bands. What is more surprising to me is how few options there are now for bands when you first buy the watch. You only get one option for the sport model and two with the stainless steel.

This isn't new today. When I bought my Series 2 in January - a space grey aluminum - it came with the black sport band. There was no choice. It was the same with every aluminum watch at the time.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
This isn't new today. When I bought my Series 2 in January - a space grey aluminum - it came with the black sport band. There was no choice. It was the same with every aluminum watch at the time.

When the series 2 first came out, several models had nylon bands as an option. Now none of them do. The silver sport always had different color sport bands available, now you only get white.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
rangerdeyo said:
When the series 2 first came out, several models had nylon bands as an option.

And when I went to Best Buy I found both the Space Gray and Silver Watches with more than one color Sport band available.

This simplifies inventory tremendously. Apple can ship and store a lot more bands than Watches. And this will actually decrease shipping times for online orders.

The most striking band, my favorite— the Black/Volt band isn't available separately. Maybe it's a summer color. LOL

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
And when I went to Best Buy I found both the Space Gray and Silver Watches with more than one color Sport band available.

This simplifies inventory tremendously. Apple can ship and store a lot more bands than Watches. And this will actually decrease shipping times for online orders.

The most striking band, my favorite— the Black/Volt band isn't available separately. Maybe it's a summer color. LOL

Black/volt is the one I have. Love it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Black/volt is the one I have. Love it.

I've got a nice knock-off of it so I won't be buying the real deal. I thought it wasn't available separately but I saw early this morning that it is. Oops. I'd like to get another Nike band but I really should get a Watch first. :D

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've got a nice knock-off of it so I won't be buying the real deal. I thought it wasn't available separately but I saw early this morning that it is. Oops. I'd like to get another Nike band but I really should get a Watch first. :D

Oh ha. Yea, get the watch first. Lol.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Pretty sure that band will fit the six watches you already have. :tongue:

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
As a Nike Watch owner I'm happy with this. There's been a reasonable amount of time passed while it was exclusive to the Nike watch so that's fine. As much as it gives non Nike watch owners choice, it gives people like me choice too; I can now go and buy one of the other Nike bands for a different look which I couldn't before. One of my biggest complaints with the Apple straps is that they mostly don't match my Nike watch very well - there's a lot that have silver lugs and/or silver clasps which clashes with the dark watch body. If I'm going to spend big money on an Apple leather strap then it needs to match my watch (which last time I looked they don't).

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly, having had a look on the store, my Nike band isn't available to buy. I've got the black band with light grey accent colours and that doesn't look to be for sale separately

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

You replied in my multiple watch thread and said that you've unpaired watches before in the watch app. Why do you need to get a watch when you've said you already have at least a few?

If you are referring to getting a Nike watch, you don't need one to use the Nike bands.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Why do you need to get a watch when you've said you already have at least a few?

How many pairs of shoes do you have? LOL! I like the different cases and basically want one of each with the exception of the Editions.

If you are referring to getting a Nike watch, you don't need one to use the Nike bands.

True enough. I already have the Black/Volt third-party band, since the Real Deal wasn't available separately at the time. But I like the Nike+ exclusive watch faces and they probably won't be available without the watch. And I don't have a Silver Aluminum, this kills two birds... I'm tempted to wait until there's a new line of AWs, though. It'd be the smart thing to do, which means I may not wait.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW