How is your Apple Watch battery holding up?

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine since Christmas 2015 and still around 40 - 50% when I throw it on the charger at night most of the time.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Had an interesting experience with my Watch battery today. Through user error (me) almost as soon as I left the house this morning, around 8am, the watch reported 10% battery and said it was going onto power reserve mode. Around 9am, the watch control centre said 0%. I was out and about, used Apple Pay and it was registering the walking I was doing (not in GPS mode) and I got home around 1:30pm and the watch was still alive (still on 0%) 4+ hours after it hit zero. A good example of under-promising and over-delivering I'd say.

To answer the post directly though, I've had my Nike watch since October and can't comment on the battery other than to say it's fine because it's good enough that I don't have to think about it. I know it will last a day or even 2 and that's still true.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure why they can't fix them in store like they do for the phones.

I had a conversation with the store manager at my local Apple Store. Its not that they can not fix/replace them in the stores, its that they want them back for the engineering teams to review the issues on the devices. I think they are still trying to iron out any kinks in the line. If you think about it the Watch is still a newish device and new quirks have been showing up.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a conversation with the store manager at my local Apple Store. Its not that they can not fix/replace them in the stores, its that they want them back for the engineering teams to review the issues on the devices. I think they are still trying to iron out any kinks in the line. If you think about it the Watch is still a newish device and new quirks have been showing up.

Interesting. Did they do that with iPhones, too? I don't remember that, but I didn't have an iPhone until the 3G.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Did they do that with iPhones, too? I don't remember that, but I didn't have an iPhone until the 3G.

I had the first iPhone but never had occasion to have it checked out. I do believe that whether a phone was repaired or replaced, the policy was to do it in the store and not send it out. At least that's the anecdotal evidence I'm familiar with.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the first iPhone but never had occasion to have it checked out. I do believe that whether a phone was repaired or replaced, the policy was to do it in the store and not send it out. At least that's the anecdotal evidence I'm familiar with.

Yea. I've never heard of sending it out until the AW came along. Makes it inconvenient for the customer.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
After 2 weeks still getting easy 2 days out of mine, hope it stays this way.

I've had my Nike + watch since Friday and I charged it for the second time yesterday. This last charge lasted me 2.5 days. Simply outstanding. I was worried when Apple estimated 17 hrs and that is why I held off for so long.

I have a second watch arriving today. Besides the Nike+, I wanted the rose gold watch so that is the one coming today.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Nike + watch since Friday and I charged it for the second time yesterday. This last charge lasted me 2.5 days. Simply outstanding. I was worried when Apple estimated 17 hrs and that is why I held off for so long.

I have a second watch arriving today. Besides the Nike+, I wanted the rose gold watch so that is the one coming today.

Nice! Did you get the 38 or 42mm?

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Apple under promises and over delivers with the battery estimations on the Watch. Even running the betas I get stelar battery performance. I could easily go 2 days without charging, but I have an issue and cant see my devices drop below 50% ??????

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple under promises and over delivers with the battery estimations on the Watch. Even running the betas I get stelar battery performance. I could easily go 2 days without charging, but I have an issue and cant see my devices drop below 50% í*½í¸ƒ

I used to be like that but now and am more that way with new devices but once I figure out how they respond with regularly usage, I will push my devices all the way down, if needed. My watch rarely goes below 30% by the time I go to bed, but I would let it do that, if needed.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK! :D I like having different the different color Watches. Rose Gold is not my style, but I do need a Silver Watch so I'm waiting for a deal on a Nike+. If Target every carries them, I have a $100 gift card heating up my wallet.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK! :D I like having different the different color Watches. Rose Gold is not my style, but I do need a Silver Watch so I'm waiting for a deal on a Nike+. If Target every carries them, I have a $100 gift card heating up my wallet.

Besides the band colors, I like the two different watch case colors. The Nike has the space gray and I'll have the Rose Gold. My iPhone is also rose gold.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I used to be like that but now and am more that way with new devices but once I figure out how they respond with regularly usage, I will push my devices all the way down, if needed. My watch rarely goes below 30% by the time I go to bed, but I would let it do that, if needed.

Even though I know I can go all day and then some, if I happen to look at the battery and its under 50% I start to twitch ??????

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
eyecrispy said:
Lol. Paranoia.

If at all possible, I put the Watch on the charger when it gets down to 50% or slightly above. This way keeps me from blasting through the charge cycles.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If at all possible, I put the Watch on the charger when it gets down to 50% or slightly above. This way keeps me from blasting through the charge cycles.

Quite honestly, I don't have time to monitor it that closely. I have too much going on. I know my battery will go for an entire day so I just let it go and put it on the charger at night.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Did they do any diagnostics?

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this. They couldn't run any because my iPhone is on beta. Nonetheless, I have a good relationship with the management at my home Apple Store so they took my word. When all was said and done they ended up just giving me a new Apple Watch after a few days. I assume they sent it out and confirmed the battery issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73