How is your Apple Watch battery holding up?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been a series 2 owner since late October, and pleased to report I've noticed no real drop off in battery life.

I still charge it every other day, with no noticeable dip in life since day one (well, ok maybe a little dib).

How about you? Has battery life stayed fairly constant for you?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Series 2 Watch, but the one I've had since May 2015 is still going strong. The battery still lasts as long as it did when I first got it, and l charge it at bedtime every night.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine has exceeded my expectations. Despite fairly heavy use of HRM and GPS, I've always got at least 50% left when it goes on the charger at night.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine is going strong. As I've mentioned in other threads I'm usually between 30-50% give or take by the time I go to bed. I don't think I could make it through 2 days but I easily make it through a day with no concerns. I have the 38mm model.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Have had mine new one on for 44 hours straight and battery is 67%.
How'd you achieve that? Did you disable settings or use power reserve mode?

Also is the GPS always enabled on the AW2, or how does one enable it? How does one know it's enabled or not?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
How'd you achieve that? Did you disable settings or use power reserve mode?

Also is the GPS always enabled on the AW2, or how does one enable it? How does one know it's enabled or not?

No idea i am new to Apple watch.

Whoops forget all that, i just remembered i charged when i went surfing Sunday morning and used my ripcord watch. So for 30 hours use i am at 55%.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Not great. I had my Series 0 replaced over the summer after a mechanical issue with the Digital Crown and for the last week or so my battery is consistently dead by mid-afternoon. Repairing and setting up as new didn't help. Oh well. Genius Bar appointment scheduled for Tuesday and I have AppleCare+ so I'm not worried.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Not great. I had my Series 0 replaced over the summer after a mechanical issue with the Digital Crown and for the last week or so my battery is consistently dead by mid-afternoon. Repairing and setting up as new didn't help. Oh well. Genius Bar appointment scheduled for Tuesday and I have AppleCare+ so I'm not worried.

Ugh. Frustrating. My S0 had some similar battery issues last year as well. If I remember correctly, setting up as new worked for me. Hope you get yours figured out soon.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I believe that GPS is active only when you use the workout app for an outdoor activity, or use a third party app that uses GPS (like Nike Run Club, Runkeeper, etc.)

There is no indication that I know of on the watch that GPS is active. There is no setting to de-activate it when you don't want to use it for an outdoor run or walk, though I think if you have your phone with you on the workout the watch will use the phone for GPS instead.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine is great - I've had my rose gold sport since Christmas 2015 and it still easily makes it through the day, even with logging workouts for an hour and coming off airplane mode at 6:30AM. When it goes back on the charger before bed ( I wear it while sleeping, just in airplane mode) it's usually around 20-30%.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I believe that GPS is active only when you use the workout app for an outdoor activity, or use a third party app that uses GPS (like Nike Run Club, Runkeeper, etc.)

There is no indication that I know of on the watch that GPS is active. There is no setting to de-activate it when you don't want to use it for an outdoor run or walk, though I think if you have your phone with you on the workout the watch will use the phone for GPS instead.
Thanks for the explanation doogald!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Took my Watch into my local Apple Store today and they're sending it out for service. 3-5 business days. :mad:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice