Best bands for the Space Grey Apple Watch?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Kind of a niche question here but hoping some of you can help!

I own a Space Grey Aluminum Series 2. Love it. My question is, what black bands out there are a nice fit for it? I've searched Amazon and other brands/retailers, and while I've found many amazing bands, most of them have the silver connector. That'll look funny (to me, anyway!) when connected to the Space Grey watch.

Any recommendations?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Most off brand watch bands will have this. BUT. I remember seeing a few that had noted a black clasp or Space Grey clasp in their details.

I still stick with the basic black Apple Sport Band..

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have an off brand Milanese band that has black connectors. You can also buy black connectors to switch out the silver ones from Amazon.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Clockwork Synergy leather band, and one of the choices was the color of the adapter, which included Space Gray as a choice.

That said, I hate the band. The leather is way too thick and doesn't wrap around my wrist very well, and the band is hard to pass through the first strap after you buckle it. Maybe there are better bands there, though I won't buy them.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I bought a Clockwork Synergy leather band, and one of the choices was the color of the adapter, which included Space Gray as a choice.

That said, I hate the band. The leather is way too thick and doesn't wrap around my wrist very well, and the band is hard to pass through the first strap after you buckle it. Maybe there are better bands there, though I won't buy them.

That unfortunately was my experience as well. Their bands look great, but just were too thick and were too long for my small wrist.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
From buying many bands IMO the best are the ones made by Apple. They are the most expensive but the best aesthetically pleasing and march the watch well. Other option would be to just buy the lug and then get a 22-24mm band. When I have done this though the band never seemed to look right or fit right.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
When choosing a band I think it's important to get one with lugs that match the Watch. For me, this means multiple bands of the same kind with different hardware to match my Watches. Sometimes a band I like doesn't have matching lugs for one Watch or another, and even more often lugs may match but the buckle doesn't.

That said, I agree that the best looking bands are Apple watch bands, but they are pricey. For my AWSG, I like the Basic Black Sport, the Midnight Blue Sport (looks nice in bright light) and the Black Nylon Woven. Apple doesn't give you the option of any color strap with any color lugs and buckles though.

I have a Monoprice plain leather band in Saddle Brown that look nice with any of the Watches. It buckles and unbuckles easily. I have a Clockwork band and the first loop is a pain to pass the band through, but the bands are nice looking.

To my eye, the Watch generally works better with more elegant bands than many 'work' bands. While I'm a fan of leather bands, most are a little on the 'heavy' side for my taste. Not a problem if you're into restraints, but I really like the more elegant look of Apple's Classic Buckle.

Apple's done a good job with their choice of cases and a bands. With the SG, you can pretty much choose any band color or type you like and it'll look good. Some of those bands might not look as good on the other Watches, but then who's to judge what you like.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I agree with Mac Guy about having matching hardware with the watch. It just makes for a cleaner look. That being said, both of my watches (series 0 and series 2 sport) have been silver. Getting matching hardware seems to be easier with aftermarket bands. I am very happy with all the Clockwork Synergy bands I have (6 total - 3 leather, 2 NATO and a Perlon). You can order any of the their bands with matching lugs and buckles (except for some of their bands on sale).