Achievements not posting

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
On Sunday, my achievements for longest move streak and perfect week (move, exercise, and stand) failed to post despite reaching all goals. Strangely, I received the Move Goal 200% for doubling my move goal, but not the Longest Move Streak. Needless to say, I'm unhappy because I had a 555 day streak going for longest move and I'll be sad if I can't recover it.

Here's what I've tried so far:
1) restart phone, restart watch, restart both
2) roll back date to Sunday and restart phone, restart watch, restart both
3) un-pair - re-pair

Any suggestions??

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Apologies as I don't have an answer just experiencing similar frustrations with the Apple Health stuff. The syncing is a bad joke between the watch, Apple Health and 3rd party apps.

I'll give you some of my examples. I have reverted to using my Garmin for running but as we have a steps challenge at work I've had Garmin Connect sync my steps into Apple Health so I get a combined figure. On Saturday, even though the data from Garmin is clearly present in Apple Health, the number of steps doesn't reflect it all. On Sunday the Garmin steps didn't show up at all. Today has worked normally. Why does the Apple Watch only know about steps made while it is being worn? It's syncs to Apple Health but it only knows about steps taken with it on (but it has activities such as my lunchtime run synced back to it, but not the steps).

To be honest I'm only surprised you've managed to maintain a streak as long as you have because the software is flaky. For the first time the other day I did seriously consider putting my Nike Apple Watch on eBay because every day seems to show up more bugs.

Good luck in salvaging your data but my money is on it being lost.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Guess what showed up? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Move.jpg

January.jpg

Sunday morning, out of the clear blue sky, the Longest Move Streak achievement showed up. So, I looked back and sure enough, the missing Perfect Week achievement for the last week of January was suddenly there as well as the Perfect Month badge for January. I don't know if any of the things I did to recover the missing achievements were responsible or if the watch just suddenly sent the missing data to the phone. I've also wondered whether this glitch is at least in part due to having two watches. I've noticed that sometimes an achievement badge will be slow to appear, but switching watches can trigger it to show up. (Mac Guy - Does this ever happen to you?) Regardless, I'm very happy that my Longest Move Streak is back - 563 days and counting!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Mac Guy - Does this ever happen to you?

LOL, no! For that to happen, I'd have to be missing Perfect Month and Longest Move achievements. And to do that I'd first have to have a Perfect Month (forget plurals!) and a Longest Move. Ok, now that I think of it, my Thanksgiving Day 2016 5K badge took a few hours to show up. But it was same day.

Although at my rate, I would think it wouldn't take much for me to achieve a longest move! And on that note, just what constitutes a Longest Move?

More importantly, congrats on your achievements. Very enviable! And congrats also on the badges showing up. They must have been lost in the email. :D

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these badges. They have an— art deco? look that I really like. They remind of something from a Douglas Adams Hitchhiker video game. Really nice stuff. I may have to start earning some!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had issues with achievements but my streaks are broken every Sunday since I rest on sundays so I may not notice. I don't use the AW to earn badges or compete with others. I use my Fitbit for that.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Although at my rate, I would think it wouldn't take much for me to achieve a longest move! And on that note, just what constitutes a Longest Move?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these badges. They have an— art deco? look that I really like. They remind of something from a Douglas Adams Hitchhiker video game. Really nice stuff. I may have to start earning some!

When you exceed your move goal for more days in a row than you have before, you get the Longest Move Streak achievement. It's the one that's lime green with a red infinite loop.

I agree about the badges. They are indeed really nice. Apple designers clearly put some thought and effort into them.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had issues with achievements but my streaks are broken every Sunday since I rest on sundays so I may not notice. I don't use the AW to earn badges or compete with others. I use my Fitbit for that.

I wear a Fitbit and compete with other on steps, but my Apple Watch is my overall fitness watch. I use it to track walking, running, lifting, you name it. I guess the only one I'm competing with on the Apple Watch is me, but that's okay because I find it very motivating. Besides, I can always come here to brag. :cool:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I wear a Fitbit and compete with other on steps, but my Apple Watch is my overall fitness watch. I use it to track walking, running, lifting, you name it. I guess the only one I'm competing with on the Apple Watch is me, but that's okay because I find it very motivating. Besides, I can always come here to brag. :cool:

Same here. Steps only on Fitbit. Apple Watch is my main fitness device.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
eyecrispy said:
Apple Watch is my main fitness device.

The AW is my only fitness device. I could get a FitBit for steps, but I'm not in competition and the AW can track my steps to Baskin Robbins just fine. :)

JsonLu

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Congratulations on getting your achievements back!

I currently have the same problem. I've got two series 2 watches, but I can only use one otherwise longest move streak and some other achievements will not register.

The problem started around Halloween last year when I got the turkey badge. After re-pairing my main watch the achievements came back, but then the problems persisted so I stopped using my secondary watch.
When watchOS 3.1.3 was released I re–paired my secondary watch, I haven't used it to track any activity but still my achievements stopped posting since yesterday.

I will wait a few days to see if they reappear, otherwise I will try to re-pair the watch again. Hopefully I will get the achievements back by doing that.

However it feels a bit sad to have a watch just lying around without being able to use it. I am aiming for 1000 day streak, currently at 640, so I would really not like it to stop posting achievements now. It's a first world problem of course but still very annoying.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Congratulations on getting your achievements back!

I currently have the same problem. I've got two series 2 watches, but I can only use one otherwise longest move streak and some other achievements will not register.

The problem started around Halloween last year when I got the turkey badge. After re-pairing my main watch the achievements came back, but then the problems persisted so I stopped using my secondary watch.
When watchOS 3.1.3 was released I re–paired my secondary watch, I haven't used it to track any activity but still my achievements stopped posting since yesterday.

I will wait a few days to see if they reappear, otherwise I will try to re-pair the watch again. Hopefully I will get the achievements back by doing that.

However it feels a bit sad to have a watch just lying around without being able to use it. I am aiming for 1000 day streak, currently at 640, so I would really not like it to stop posting achievements now. It's a first world problem of course but still very annoying.

FWIW, there have been times when the S2 wouldn't show an achievement such as Longest Move Streak and just changing to the AW first gen watch would make it suddenly appear. I do think there is something about having two watches that may trigger a glitch.

JsonLu

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
So... last night the achievements came back. "Perfect week" as well as longest move streak for every day.
I did nothing, no restart, no re-pair, I didn't even put the watch or phone in the charger.

Even before this I have had the feeling that some cleanup/repair routine was running on Tuesday evenings since it seemed to double the move streak icons one week back on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.

So now I'll see how long the achievements post normally. If it stops again I hope the repair routine will fix it again.

I have also turned off automatic watch switching since the phone always switched back to the secondary watch when I took off the primary. My point of view is it should only switch when I put a watch on. So now I control it manually. I'll see if it helps.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
So... last night the achievements came back. "Perfect week" as well as longest move streak for every day.
I did nothing, no restart, no re-pair, I didn't even put the watch or phone in the charger.

Even before this I have had the feeling that some cleanup/repair routine was running on Tuesday evenings since it seemed to double the move streak icons one week back on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.

So now I'll see how long the achievements post normally. If it stops again I hope the repair routine will fix it again.

I have also turned off automatic watch switching since the phone always switched back to the secondary watch when I took off the primary. My point of view is it should only switch when I put a watch on. So now I control it manually. I'll see if it helps.

And irritatingly, my Longest Move Streak has so far failed to post for the day. After my run this morning, I got the watch notification that I had met my Move and Exercise goal, plus the 7-Workout Week badge showed up, but no Longest Move Streak. I tried a restart and a watch switch to no avail. I guess I'll just try your method - do nothing. :)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
And without doing anything, my missing Longest Move achievements showed up Saturday. I'm convinced this is a multiple watch glitch. Fortunately it seems to be fixing itself.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
And without doing anything, my missing Longest Move achievements showed up Saturday. I'm convinced this is a multiple watch glitch. Fortunately it seems to be fixing itself.
Doubt that..... I have only one watch and my daily longest move streak that used to show up on the watch has not appeared for a good couple of weeks. It appears to have stopped showing the achievement on my watch after updating to the latest WatchOS.

JsonLu

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
After turning off the "automatic switching" I have now been able to use several watches without losing achievements.
However I have always used the same watch until at least the red and green rings are completed for the day (and checked that the longest move badge appears) so I can't say that using manual switching fixes everything.

I am thinking about turning on the auto switch again now that 10.3 is out, but considering there are other bugs (in iOS at least) that have not been fixed I am not sure I want to even try... (yes I'm being a bit negative here, sorry about that).

10.3 also seems to have done some "cleanup", to remove the "double achievements" I used to get (I have not checked all days...).
It also removed the "turkey badge", which was a bit sad, but on the other hand that badge was a "US only" badge (if I'm not mistaken) so...

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Doubt that..... I have only one watch and my daily longest move streak that used to show up on the watch has not appeared for a good couple of weeks. It appears to have stopped showing the achievement on my watch after updating to the latest WatchOS.

Have you updated your watch OS? I'm wondering if it might make your missing move streak appear.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
After turning off the "automatic switching" I have now been able to use several watches without losing achievements.
However I have always used the same watch until at least the red and green rings are completed for the day (and checked that the longest move badge appears) so I can't say that using manual switching fixes everything.

I am thinking about turning on the auto switch again now that 10.3 is out, but considering there are other bugs (in iOS at least) that have not been fixed I am not sure I want to even try... (yes I'm being a bit negative here, sorry about that).

10.3 also seems to have done some "cleanup", to remove the "double achievements" I used to get (I have not checked all days...).
It also removed the "turkey badge", which was a bit sad, but on the other hand that badge was a "US only" badge (if I'm not mistaken) so...

If having multiple watches increases the likelihood of missing achievements, it makes sense that going to manual switching might affect that. Interesting.

At the moment, all my achievements are working properly (picture me knocking on wood) so I'm hesitant to try anything different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh