Is there a difference in size between original Apple Watch and series 2?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the original Apple Watch and would like to get a new one but I'm concerned whether or not all my cases would fit the new series 2. I know the bands are interchangeable, just not sure about the cases. Anyone have an answer??

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
TheAW S2 Watches are almost a whole 1mm thicker than the AW and AWS1 and the 42mm AWS2 is a little wider than the AW.

A lot of people wanted a thinner Watch, but even Apple wasn't at the point of developing superior battery tech or electronic wizardry to pull that off. Given Apple's penchant for thinness—maybe next year, lol. The sizes and weights don't bother me a bit, being used and drawn to larger watches.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
TheAW S2 Watches are almost a whole 1mm thicker than the AW and AWS1 and the 42mm AWS2 is a little wider than the AW.

A lot of people wanted a thinner Watch, but even Apple wasn't at the point of developing superior battery tech or electronic wizardry to pull that off. Given Apple's penchant for thinness—maybe next year, lol. The sizes and weights don't bother me a bit, being used and drawn to larger watches.

FWIW: We have hers 'n his 42 mm Series 2. Neither of size or battery life have been the concerns I thought they might be. The design is smooth enough where it's never caught on a cuff like or much different than some large and durable conventional watches. I've done 2.5 hours to all day skiing with sports app running and still had battery reserve at end of day.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I wish there was a forum for the series 1 watch. I have the series 1 and love it. I didn't care about the GPS function and I prefer the size of the 38mm series 1 to the thicker 38mm series 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen