Apple Watch Series 2 Ceramic - any owners out there?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I think they're a great looking watch and I have tried to convince my wife to let me buy her one. Alas she's not interested in any smart watch.

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I think they're a great looking watch and I have tried to convince my wife to let me buy her one. Alas she's not interested in any smart watch.
Ha. You can buy me one 😂, if your just hankering to buy a ceramic. I'll send you a picture of it daily. 😎😂😂😂

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if sales of the Watch Edition (i.e., ceramic) are as anemic (purportedly) as the original gold Editions?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if sales of the Watch Edition (i.e., ceramic) are as anemic (purportedly) as the original gold Editions?

I would imagine that the Apple Watch Edition is a "loss leader" and it's only real purpose is to get people talking about the Apple Watch in general. Look at the Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Very few people are gonna buy that car, it's overkill and a death trap, but automotive journos write about it and it gets people talking about the Dodge brand.

I remember one of the first headlines I read about the OG Apple Watch was something like "Apple made a watch that costs $10,000 and is made out of gold"

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
James Falconer said:
Any owners of the Ceramic Series 2 out there in our community?

Not me. I like the look of it, a lot. Really. But to me, it's not a $1200+ watch. It doesn't inspire me the way a $10,000 Rolex does. We all have our own definitions and parameters of 'reasonable'. Some would attempt to impose their's on others. They're not being reasonable.

At it's current price, the Edition doesn't do it for me. The first Edition didn't either.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Not me. I like the look of it, a lot. Really. But to me, it's not a $1200+ watch. It doesn't inspire me the way a $10,000 Rolex does. We all have our own definitions and parameters of 'reasonable'. Some would attempt to impose their's on others. They're not being reasonable.

At it's current price, the Edition doesn't do it for me. The first Edition didn't either.

I kind of agree. I have a higher end Tissot watch and It is a different feel entirely. If I purchased the ceramic Apple Watch, I think I would definitely expect it to be thinner and less bulky for that price. The Apple Watch I have, for me inspires in a different way.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

The fundamental difference between the top end Apple Watches and a high end watch such as a Rolex is that 5 years from now you'd still be able to sell the Rolex (or similar brand) for more or less what you paid for it it (probably after 10 years in fact) whereas the Apple Watch would quite possibly be useless (too old to be supported by the latest iPhone) and therefore largely worthless.

I'll still have one if there's one going spare but won't be spending my own money on one!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Agreed. I thought the original Editions were kind of tacky. The Series 2 Edition is at least attractive. It's also much more reasonably priced than the original Editions. It's barely more expensive than the Space Black w/Link Bracelet. If I made the kind of money that I could spend 1200 bucks on a watch I'd buy one, but there's no way I'd ever spend 12,000 on the original Edition for the reasons you mentioned. A Rolex can be classic and timeless (they can get fairly tacky as well), but a smartwatch will never be a piece of timeless jewelry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1