Why did you buy the Nike version?

Was it just for the band? Do you use Nike Run Club? Was it worth waiting the extra 6+ weeks to get your watch?

Just curious.
    12-14-2016 01:21 PM
    It's a good question and I think I have an answer!

I think there was a lot of vagueness about exactly what was exclusive to the Nike watch at launch time and so I think I went for the Nike watch just in case I missed out on anything (given that I am a keen runner). Sure we knew the straps were exclusive and a couple of faces but the rest was quite vague. I kind of knew I was unlikely to use NRC long term because Strava is my running platform of choice.

The best thing is definitely the bands. Very comfy. Is it more comfy than a standard sport band? No idea, never worn one.

Would I recommend one over a regular Series 2? Yes, because it's the only way to get the official Nike bands and there's no downside to buying one.

Would I do the wait of an extra 6 weeks all over again knowing what I know now? Probably. I already had a perfectly functional Garmin running watch so I wasn't without a means of recording my running which is the single most important thing to me with a watch these days.
    12-14-2016 01:38 PM
    I got it for the band. I know for sure that the normal silicone bands causes sweat to get trapped between my skin and the bands and the holes help so I don't get rashes. I had an issue with another smartwatch and once I went to a band similar to the Nike, no more rashes.

I don't bother with Nike run club. I don't run too much. A few times here and there. Usually when I'm at a hotel. I think the stock health workout is enough for me.
    rangerdeyo likes this.
    12-14-2016 07:03 PM
    I like the bands well enough but want the Nike+ for the watch faces.
    12-15-2016 12:15 AM
    I got mine mainly for the black/volt band. I figured I wouldn't use the Nike watch faces (and I haven't), nor have I used the Nike Run Club. The extra time to get it was irrelevant for me because I ordered it while out of the country and it was waiting for me when I got home.
    rangerdeyo likes this.
    12-15-2016 03:01 PM
    I can honestly say you are the first person I have seen or heard say that.
    12-15-2016 03:24 PM
    This is exactly why I am buying it as well but the bands also weighed in on the decision. I returned my Series one after a week and ordered the Nike+.
    12-19-2016 10:17 AM
    I went for it because its the same price as the regular series 2 but has more features. Regardless if you want to use the band or the watch faces they are there if you want. Same price + more features = worth the 6 week wait. Easy for me though because I had a Apple watch stainless steel already...
    12-19-2016 05:36 PM
    I went for it because its the same price as the regular series 2 but has more features. Regardless if you want to use the band or the watch faces they are there if you want. Same price + more features = worth the 6 week wait. Easy for me though because I had a Apple watch stainless steel already...
    Yeah, it's a lot easier to wait for a new one when you have an original to wear while you wait.
    tylerbarnhardt and sgchick like this.
    12-20-2016 03:43 PM
    the bands also weighed in on the decision.
    Of course. That's why I bought knock-off bands while waiting for a sale on the Nike+. And that's going to be a wait. Target has a sale today only, for $70 off, plus an additional 10% if you order online and pick it up. The last bit pays the tax! No Nikes, though

I don't have a silver aluminum so I'm trying to resists the temptation to get an S1 instead of waiting for a Nike+.
    12-21-2016 07:46 AM
    Yeah, it's a lot easier to wait for a new one when you have an original to wear while you wait.
    I'd say that's an individual thing. I'm getting antsy!!
    12-21-2016 07:47 AM
    What extra features do you get?
    12-26-2016 06:14 PM
    What extra features do you get?
    Two Nike exclusive watch faces and the Nike band. Other than that, its the same as every other sport series 2 watch.
    12-26-2016 07:28 PM
    Two Nike exclusive watch faces and the Nike band. Other than that, its the same as every other sport series 2 watch.
    That's what I was thinking, thanks!
    12-26-2016 08:03 PM
    Hey you forgot the big exclusive feature...being able to use the Nike Volt yellow colour on the other watch faces too ha ha ha!!!!
    12-27-2016 02:26 AM
    Hey you forgot the big exclusive feature...being able to use the Nike Volt yellow colour on the other watch faces too ha ha ha!!!!
    My bad.
    12-27-2016 06:55 AM
    Two Nike exclusive watch faces and the Nike band.
    But WAIT! There's more! You get four, count 'em FOUR Nike-exclusive Watch faces. I really want one.
    12-28-2016 11:31 AM
    Just like the exclusive Hermes bands, the Nike+ band will be available at some point. Apple wants to sell and those bands will sell for sure. Just give it some time.
    12-28-2016 11:35 AM
    You also get a deeper integration into the Nike Run Club app. If you'd not use that app or plan on using it then you aren't missing out but I enjoy that aspect to the watch as well.
    12-31-2016 09:46 AM
    You also get a deeper integration into the Nike Run Club app. If you'd not use that app or plan on using it then you aren't missing out but I enjoy that aspect to the watch as well.
    What kind of deeper integration do you get versus the AW2?
    12-31-2016 10:03 AM
    The funny thing is that I don't think the Nike faces are that great. I want the date to display and with the Nike faces if I have that then Dark Sky can't tell me the weather as well. I use the stock face that has the 3 activity rings as little circles in the middle, shows the date at the right and the weather at the bottom.
    12-31-2016 10:21 AM
    The funny thing is that I don't think the Nike faces are that great. I want the date to display and with the Nike faces if I have that then Dark Sky can't tell me the weather as well. I use the stock face that has the 3 activity rings as little circles in the middle, shows the date at the right and the weather at the bottom.
    Do you get the same watch faces as with other AW2, just the addition of the Nike faces?
    12-31-2016 10:26 AM
    Do you get the same watch faces as with other AW2, just the addition of the Nike faces?
    I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, I've not yet heard anyone say that the Nike watch has these features but misses out on something else, so the Nike faces are just a bonus if you happen to want them.
    12-31-2016 10:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, I've not yet heard anyone say that the Nike watch has these features but misses out on something else, so the Nike faces are just a bonus if you happen to want them.
    Awesome, thank you!
    12-31-2016 10:42 AM
    Why did you buy the Nike version?

Was it just for the band? Do you use Nike Run Club? Was it worth waiting the extra 6+ weeks to get your watch?

Just curious.
    I just picked up the space gray 38mm Nike Watch from my local Apple Store. I absolutely love it. The band feels like it'll let sweat evaporate much faster (I work out an hour a day) and I love how breathable it is. I tried the other watches, but I didn't like them.
    01-04-2017 04:41 PM
30 12