Getting Apple Watch replaced how do I restore it from a backup

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I owned an Apple Watch until recently. But it had to be sent back. However, a couple of days ago, before the watch was sent back, I backed up my iPhone with iTunes.

I use encrypted backups in iTunes. I was wondering if someone could tell me how I go about restoring my replacement Apple Watch with the backup I'm hoping iTunes will have took of my old Apple Watch.

Thanks in advance.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks very much everyone for the help.

The thing that worries me in the guide is, the mention that you need to unpaid the watch.

I didn't do this, I simply went into the Settings (on the watch) and reset/erase all content and settings. So I'm unsure as to if there will be a backup to fall back on :rolleyes:

I thought iTunes might have created a backup when I backed up my iPhone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks very much everyone for the help.

The thing that worries me in the guide is, the mention that you need to unpaid the watch.

I didn't do this, I simply went into the Settings (on the watch) and reset/erase all content and settings. So I'm unsure as to if there will be a backup to fall back on :rolleyes:

I thought iTunes might have created a backup when I backed up my iPhone.

Unpair actually creates the backup. There's a chance you have one there already ... I had to do some restores a week or so ago and forgot to unpair but did have a backup. So give it a shot anyway, you've got nothing to lose :)

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Unpair actually creates the backup. There's a chance you have one there already ... I had to do some restores a week or so ago and forgot to unpair but did have a backup. So give it a shot anyway, you've got nothing to lose :)

Thats really good to know. Should have another AW on Tuesday, so I'll update this thread once I get it :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox