Best Apple Watch Series 2 Features

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
STILL haven't used the GPS. I have used my Watches as extended displays for Maps. It's just nice to have it in the event I leave my phone behind. I've noted that its notifications of direction changes are easily felt while riding. As long as I remember not to cover it with a sleeve or glove, it's easily read.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Rain all week here in California, so I guess I will get to check it out. :)

Ain't it the truth. I don't care to get wet outdoors. I rode a bike in the worst two years of rain here a couple of decades ago. The only time I like the rain is when I hear it against my window while curled up in bed.

I've had a tough time getting my New Years Achievement because of the rain, so I did a lot of Costco shopping, very briskly. It's not easy to rack up 2mi there without getting some odd looks. (I did by some chocolate covered raisins, though. Gotta keep up my strength!)

Even braving the elements from the parking lot to the store, the Watch doesn't like to get the crystal wet. It can react oddly. Wipe it off and everything is fine. Watertight integrity is still assured.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Even braving the elements from the parking lot to the store, the Watch doesn't like to get the crystal wet. It can react oddly. Wipe it off and everything is fine. Watertight integrity is still assured.

This is probably the biggest weakness of the AW as things stand for its use as a fitness tracker. The screen hates moisture and behaves erratically in a way that the iPhone screen doesn't. I run outdoors in all weather and it means that I wear my Garmin instead. Apple need to address this. It's the main reason that I wouldn't recommend the AW as a fitness device to anyone who exercises outdoors.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Rain all week here in California, so I guess I will get to check it out. :)

I expected all-day rain today and needed to finish my week for the Apple New Years achievement, so it was a mall with an Apple Store. Beside closing the Move and Exercise rings, I got to demo the AirPods. Love 'em, and am on a waiting list. Almost got a new MBP, but decided to wait a bit.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
This is probably the biggest weakness of the AW as things stand for its use as a fitness tracker. The screen hates moisture and behaves erratically in a way that the iPhone screen doesn't. I run outdoors in all weather and it means that I wear my Garmin instead. Apple need to address this. It's the main reason that I wouldn't recommend the AW as a fitness device to anyone who exercises outdoors.

Yes, the screen can be erratic when it's wet or your fingers are wet. I'd still recommend AW as a running watch because I love mine, but I would like to see Apple allow the dock button to be used to end a run. Using Siri for that would also be good.