Night watch / day watch

beaumurga

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Following a suggestion from Serenity Caldwell on a podcast, I kept my Series 1 watch when I got the Series 2, and wear the old one at night. It's been moderately useful - Sleep Watch works well as a sleep tracker, it records any random activity if I get up during the night, and there's no worry about my Series 2 watch running down during the day no matter how much exercise I do.

I can't help but think that I should be able to get more out of this, though, and I'm curious whether anyone else living the two Apple watch lifestyle has come up with anything else.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I used to rock multiple smart watches, but just to change it up, and have different ones to wear on different days. I had several Pebbles, a Moto 360, a Martian, and the Apple watch which I still wear. Just wearing the Apple watch now, sold the others expect the Martian which has little to no value.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Knights' Watch  .jpg
My Knights' Watch

I no longer wear a watch at night but have a few Watches, so I just wear different Watches from time to time. If you find yourself not wearing any given Watch, you might consider selling or gifting it to someone.

jmerrey

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm doing something similar: active watch, and dress watch. I have an aluminum sport for biking, excercise, outings with my kids (water park, etc), things like that, plus sleeping. Then, I use a black ss for work, nights out, basically normal wear.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm doing something similar: active watch, and dress watch.

Me too. I have a SG Sport for a daily driver, a Gold Sport and S2 for near-formal wear, and my AWSS for 'dress'.

I had an early Pebble and didn't like it. I have several mechanical watches, some solar, which I'll have to force myself to work into a rotation. And the Gold Sport will have to make way for a Silver S1.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Following a suggestion from Serenity Caldwell on a podcast, I kept my Series 1 watch when I got the Series 2, and wear the old one at night. It's been moderately useful - Sleep Watch works well as a sleep tracker, it records any random activity if I get up during the night, and there's no worry about my Series 2 watch running down during the day no matter how much exercise I do.

I can't help but think that I should be able to get more out of this, though, and I'm curious whether anyone else living the two Apple watch lifestyle has come up with anything else.

Day watch and a night watch. Crazy! (but a good kinda crazy, I like it)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Another option with the Apple Watch, series 1 OR 2 is to use different bands, a night and day band, or a "going out" fancy band and a regular band. Myself I have about 5 bands for mine which I switch up based on mood and level of dress. Mostly lately I have been wearing the Mkeke leather band featured in this blog....

Best Third-party Bands for Apple Watch | iMore

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices