Do you use Siri on your Watch?

jarnold96

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I personally don't have one, but my buddy uses it all the time to set reminders, alarms and call people. He seems to find it very useful!

olearydan

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I use Siri on my Apple Watch Series 0 to start a workout, set a timer, set a reminder and place a phone call. I'd say 90% of the time she works as expected for me and it's better than getting my phone to do the same task. The main issue I have is, being an original Apple Watch, sometimes there is a lag in Siri becoming active. So I start speaking the command and she's not quite ready yet so only part of what I said is caught. But again that isn't usually a problem.

I think the use of Siri in general is more about habit than actual usability. She can do a lot of things! But I see more people doing things manually with their phones instead of taking advantage of Siri. It might be social too. How comfortable are you raising your wrist in public to say something to your watch? In time this might become more commonplace.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
One of the handiest things I use Siri for is sending texts. When I'm busy (for example, running on the treadmill) I can easily send a text by speaking. It's something I'd have trouble doing with my hands on the watch display or iPhone.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I can easily send a text by speaking.

I'm constantly surprised at how well dictation to Siri works. I've getting away from a stilted pattern of speaking "word <pause> word <pause> word <pause>" etc., and just speak as though it's a "Ms. Jones, take a memo" thing. And Siri gets it right >98% of the time. She does have some problems elsewhere, but transcribing dictation for texts is really one of her strong points.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm constantly surprised at how well dictation to Siri works. I've getting away from a stilted pattern of speaking "word <pause> word <pause> word <pause>" etc., and just speak as though it's a "Ms. Jones, take a memo" thing. And Siri gets it right >98% of the time. She does have some problems elsewhere, but transcribing dictation for texts is really one of her strong points.

+1
I really think Siri is great on the watch. I set alarms, answer texts, timers leaving my phone in my pocket at work.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for one particular retailer (because I have a gift card) to get the 3rd Gen Hue light starter kit. I'm looking forward to giving Siri another task.

I'll also be looking for a Hue compatible On/Off light/wall switch to control some non-dimming CFLs.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm jumping into the middle of the pool. The 3rd Gen Starter kit with the HomeKit compatible hub and three Color/Ambience bulbs is $199. Free shipping, no tax and a $50 gift card make it very doable. I'm just waiting for the retailer to blow out the old stock and get the 3rd Gen kit.

Then it's a bulb here and a sensor there, and Siri's your assistant.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm jumping into the middle of the pool. The 3rd Gen Starter kit with the HomeKit compatible hub and three Color/Ambience bulbs is $199. Free shipping, no tax and a $50 gift card make it very doable. I'm just waiting for the retailer to blow out the old stock and get the 3rd Gen kit.

Then it's a bulb here and a sensor there, and Siri's your assistant.

Who's doing the $50 gift card?

You might consider getting one of the deals at Best Buy with an Echo. Always on is nice, and it has less delay than Siri. I got the $299 deal with the full size echo (normally $179), then added a Dot to another room.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, guys! I got the $50 gift card back when BH and Target were offing the Apple Watch prior to the coming of the S1 and S2 Watches. I used the Target give cards on two more OGAWs and just found my unused BH card in my wallet (along with other unused stuff).

So I could put it toward a Classic Buckle band, but I'll use it to take a little sting out of the Hue transition.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
You might consider getting one of the deals at Best Buy with an Echo.

I do want an Echo, but BB charges tax upfront. And I have a $50 card for them, too. I'll look into the Echo. I have to say that as much as I like and use Siri, there is a lot to like about Alexa. Apparently they get on well enough.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, guys! I got the $50 gift card back when BH and Target were offing the Apple Watch prior to the coming of the S1 and S2 Watches. I used the Target give cards on two more OGAWs and just found my unused BH card in my wallet (along with other unused stuff).

So I could put it toward a Classic Buckle band, but I'll use it to take a little sting out of the Hue transition.

Perfect use for a gift card, IMO! Soften the blow :)

I do want an Echo, but BB charges tax upfront. And I have a $50 card for them, too. I'll look into the Echo. I have to say that as much as I like and use Siri, there is a lot to like about Alexa. Apparently they get on well enough.

Alexa works well with Hue, and a quite a bit of other stuff, actually. IFTTT / Stringify integration does some cool stuff, too.

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I only use Siri a little on my watch--mostly because I forget to try Siri in the first place. Siri has worked well when I remember to use her.

sgchick

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Yes, use the Hey Siri feature on the watch a lot for timers, messages, alarms, phone calls. I drive for a living and siri is very handy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh