Apple Watch Camera

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Actually it's a great idea, I don't understand how some "smartwatches" from China have all that stuff and cost only $20 or something.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Actually it's a great idea, I don't understand how some "smartwatches" from China have all that stuff and cost only $20 or something.

It's all about the quality of the camera. Those cameras in the 'smartwatches' you mentioned are worth 3 cents and make the worst photos.

Apple is not a company to implement half baked solutions in their devices. That's why.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I think it is a good idea and I like it, but I can not see Apple doing it. Not now anyways or till the technology catches up where the picture quality won't be compromised.

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it's a good idea too. I would have to see more sample images from it first, before I would commit to buying it. The video on their website doesn't look great. That could be my own to high of standards though.

I would probably have to get an Apple Watch first before I do to hahaha. Soon I hope!

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a terrible idea and hope Apple never do it. The first generation of Apple Watch shows wha happens if you try to make a watch that tries to cover all bases - it ends up being bad at them all. Once the Apple Watch can manage week long battery life, in a slimmer watch that also has a cellular connection then perhaps a camera is next on the list - not any time soon in other words.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It's an intriguing concept, brilliant execution, but I don't know that it's a great idea. But for the time being, it is best left to third-party devs. I'd like to know how they pipe the video into the Watch, but I'm guessing it's through the 'diagnostic' port on the Watch.

I have no doubt that Apple has already considered and probably prototyped a Watch camera. It may be on the road map or never see the light of day.

Regardless, even though my standards of video and audio are higher than most, I'm reasonable, realistic, and can manage expectations. That said, the video is quite good considering the platform and price point. I'd expect it to improve overtime, just as cameras in other platforms have.

And at the very least, we can play a more modern:

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
It's all about the quality of the camera. Those cameras in the 'smartwatches' you mentioned are worth 3 cents and make the worst photos.

Apple is not a company to implement half baked solutions in their devices. That's why.

But let say they put a 20$ camera and charge 50$ more, maybe that will be enough.

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I would want t us$20 camera on there. I would imagine Apple Watch 3 or 4 will have a camera built into it. We are approaching James Bond tech now.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I just see this as the same level creepy as Google Glass. You'll not be able to use your watch in public for fear of someone taking a swing at you because they think you're taking sneaky photos

iVincam

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
This could be super awesome. I hope that others don't feel threaten by the tech and need to display that in a violent way but will understand the benefits of such tech in good ways for certain people. I'm super excited for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal