My Nike+ Watch has arrived!!!

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
It's here!!! 42mm Black strap with light grey trim.

It's my first Apple Watch and I've never paid much notice of them. People say they're too big, well if you're used to wearing a Garmin 920XT like I am then it's small! Just setting it up now. Will post some thoughts later once I actually start using it

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
IMG_0030.JPG

And there it is, currently on it's charger so it can sync some music across - a process so slow that I assume that the phone is playing them in real time and the watch is receiving them by listening to it, hey ho!

The photo doesn't really show the colours well, the numbers on the display are that much brighter shade of yellow that you'll have seen on the Nike watch screenshots

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I got mine today at best buy haha im so lost on how to use this thing.. I've never had a apple watch before...when you go run do you use the NRC app or the native workouts app? do they talk to each other or do i have to run both simultaneously?

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to them too. My guess is you use either the NRC app or the workouts app but not both. It probably depends which platform you like best and who you want to share data with. I have over 2 years of running and cycling data on Strava so I think neither app is any use to me. At present I think I have 2 choices...1 is to use the Strava app and accept that I have to take my phone out with me too until Strava add standalone watch support or 2... use the Pear Sports app which allows the watch to go solo. I gave the Pear app a try out on a short runner earlier today and did encounter a small issue - I've emailed their support team, will see if they respond and help or not. That said the Pear app did work and I was able to record a run with just my Watch and listen to music via my Bose Bluetooth earphones. Still early days but looking promising.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
that is one nice looking watch. I'll be joining you soon. I wonder though if anyone else has the different colours.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I did deliberately choose the most muted colour combo for the strap, it's one that I think you'd get away with in most scenarios. I like the black and yellow one but it would look out of place in a more formal environment and I don't want to have to think about swapping straps all the time. I'm sure at some point I'll get another strap for a change of look but so far this one is very comfortable and a safe all around choice I think

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
So i just tested out my watch running 3 miles with it using the nike run app. Over all i like it a lot while running it gives you the distance, which lined up 100% with the trail markers and time. every mile you get a summary of how your doing so far. After i was done i shot over to the activity app and what do you know both of my runs where logged in there. so obviously nike and apple have a pretty good integration. Now im just trying to figure out what the best way would be to clean my watch. Im guessing just running it under some warm tap water since its waterproof.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
So i just tested out my watch running 3 miles with it using the nike run app. Over all i like it a lot while running it gives you the distance, which lined up 100% with the trail markers and time. every mile you get a summary of how your doing so far. After i was done i shot over to the activity app and what do you know both of my runs where logged in there. so obviously nike and apple have a pretty good integration. Now im just trying to figure out what the best way would be to clean my watch. Im guessing just running it under some warm tap water since its waterproof.

That's good to know - might try the Nike running app tomorrow in that case.

I'd think good old tap water will be fine; It's once you get chemicals involved that things could go wrong

dirtbiker0025

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
That's good to know - might try the Nike running app tomorrow in that case.

I'd think good old tap water will be fine; It's once you get chemicals involved that things could go wrong

Thats what i did just gave it a through rinse off and some light finger rubbing to get all the sweat and salt off of it then dried it off. it's a little nail biting to take a 400$ electronic watch and put it under water lol. But i also use myfitnesspal to track my caloric intake and it automatically added both my runs from the health app into it. so they all talk to each other pretty seamlessly im happy. Now to get a waterproof case to go surfing with it. contrary to popular belief but 50 meters water resistant is not that good for ocean and surfing.. one good wave and the pressure will surpass that real quick.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Thats what i did just gave it a through rinse off and some light finger rubbing to get all the sweat and salt off of it then dried it off. it's a little nail biting to take a 400$ electronic watch and put it under water lol. But i also use myfitnesspal to track my caloric intake and it automatically added both my runs from the health app into it. so they all talk to each other pretty seamlessly im happy. Now to get a waterproof case to go surfing with it. contrary to popular belief but 50 meters water resistant is not that good for ocean and surfing.. one good wave and the pressure will surpass that real quick.

Yeah what people often don't understand is what those depths mean on watches, they're only equivalent pressure rather than absolute depth. A 50m watch is only really safe for regular swimming because moving your arms through the water means pressure on the watch. You'll definitely want to give it a good rinse down once it's got a taste of salt water! I've done a bit of scuba in the past and generally it's a 200m watch that's recommended for that.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I originally had the 38mm Space Black with the black woven band. I tested my luck at Best Buy today and was able to exchange it for the 42mm Flat Silver/Volt Nike+ Watch. It feels huge compared to the 38mm, but I think I'll grow to love it. Super excited about the color combo...the NRC on the other hand...maybe I'll learn to love running again and could put it to use.

passedpast

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 113601

And there it is, currently on it's charger so it can sync some music across - a process so slow that I assume that the phone is playing them in real time and the watch is receiving them by listening to it, hey ho!

The photo doesn't really show the colours well, the numbers on the display are that much brighter shade of yellow that you'll have seen on the Nike watch screenshots

Got mine also today.
I had V1 watch. Not a good running watch because no gps unless you ran with the phone. Also very slow. Downloading music was interminable. The old Nike watch app was inconsistent.
Looking forward to running with it tomorrow. Curious how accurate the hrm is with this version. It was very spotty in V1. I'm skeptical about battery life, however.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods