Just got back from a short run to test it out. I started with the NRC app and then activated the Apple app soon after. The Applewatch app cancelled out the NRC app right away. I did it without my phone and it appears to be accurate as far as distance and pace. When I checked out the activity log on my phone, the data from both apps appeared (although the NRC data was only about a minutes worth). I'll try using just the NRC app only next time.
    11-01-2016 09:26 PM
    Just got mine yesterday and paired it today. Had to deal with an issue with the activity app not filling up at all. Anyways, I did the chat thing with Apple and ended up having to unpair my old and new watch, and then pairing the new one with the old back up to get it to work.

My question now is to anyone with experience running with the new watch, does the Nike Run Club app information integrate with the Apple workout and activity app? In other words, if I run using the NRC app, will the info show in the Apple Activity app with all of the workout data, like when you use the Apple workout app? I have always used the Apple app for runs, since I bought the series zero watch after it launched in 2015. I use to use a Nike watch and have data from when I last used it almost two years ago, when I log on to NRC. Also if they don't integrate, can you use both apps simultaneously?
    Yes, runs in NRC do show up in the Apple activity app. The nrc app does have some nice features but until they add average pace to the run screen on the watch I'll be sticking with the stock exercise app.
    11-01-2016 09:43 PM
    Interesting... I hadn't considered the wetness issue. Thanks for the thoughts.
    11-02-2016 04:41 AM
    Quick question.. for anyone with a series 1 sport band did the holes ever elongate and make it easier to come undone? mine hasn't done this on my s2 watch but just wondering if its a concern that i should worry about down the road.
    11-03-2016 03:50 PM
    Quick question.. for anyone with a series 1 sport band did the holes ever elongate and make it easier to come undone? mine hasn't done this on my s2 watch but just wondering if its a concern that i should worry about down the road.
    I don't know if anything elongated, but it got easier to take it on and off bc I got used to it. I don't feel my Nike+ watch is more difficult to manage than my series 0.
    11-03-2016 07:31 PM
    I don't know if anything elongated, but it got easier to take it on and off bc I got used to it. I don't feel my Nike+ watch is more difficult to manage than my series 0.
    I was referring to if over time it would be easier for it to fall off because the band wouldn't maintain their grip so to say. just wondering thats all. don't want to be running and have a 400 watch fall off my wrist.
    11-04-2016 01:13 PM
    I think if this was going to happen it would be gradual and you'd notice it happening over time each time you put the watch on with the hole getting gradually less snug rather than an out of the blue failure. (That's pure speculation on my part though)
    I guess the other question is are they like a lot of other plasticky watch straps where you get a tiny nick in the side of the strap and that leads to a full on failure of the strap? Maybe they're more durable these days but I remember with old digital watches it was usually the strap that died before the watch did.
    Mac Guy likes this.
    11-04-2016 01:31 PM
    I agree with Straightlineboy. The difference between well made and cheap is reliability. I think a good band, if it's going to stretch (stainless steel bands do) and not return to exactly to spec, will do so over time. That should be easily noticed and prevented.

Anything could fail catastrophically, but I don't think that will be a common occurrence with a good quality band.
    11-04-2016 02:26 PM
    very interested in this one. coolest of the bunch!
    11-05-2016 05:06 AM
    Never had that with mine, and have had it just a hair over 1 year. I do rotate bands though. None of them have shown any indication they will elongate. Even then, if it does, you can get a new band. But I've never even considered it to be an issue, even with bands I wear more than others (I have 3 total)
    11-05-2016 09:24 AM
    I was referring to if over time it would be easier for it to fall off because the band wouldn't maintain their grip so to say. just wondering thats all. don't want to be running and have a 400 watch fall off my wrist.
    Oh gotcha. Sorry. I haven't experienced that.
    11-05-2016 11:23 AM
    Does anyone know if we will be able to buy extra Nike bands?

Yep! This is a knock off band from eBay. 10.00 and they have more colors than apple does. Can't go wrong with these. Get em!
    lftomazini and Mac Guy like this.
    11-06-2016 05:00 PM
    This is a knock off band from eBay. 10.00 and they have more colors than apple does
    A link, if you would? And after an up close and personal look, does the band have any third-party give-aways? F'rinstance, some silicone bands have a ridge running around the edge of the bands from the molding process. Apple doesn't have this.
    11-06-2016 08:52 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...15aec4cce8.jpg
    Yep! This is a knock off band from eBay. 10.00 and they have more colors than apple does. Can't go wrong with these. Get em!
    I bought a knock off just for fun and to compare it to the real band that came with my Nike+. It's quite poor and not as comfortable. It looks almost identical but the material/quality lacks.
    11-07-2016 10:32 AM
    I bought a knock off just for fun and to compare it to the real band that came with my Nike+. It's quite poor and not as comfortable. It looks almost identical but the material/quality lacks.
    The comfort of the real thing is probably what I like most about it, so doesn't matter how cheap the knock-off is, I won't be buying.
    On Saturday I did go into the Apple Store fully expecting to buy a black Milanese loop band for mine and I didn't. Maybe the lighting in the store was too harsh but certainly in the display case it didn't look as black as I was expecting...I did think perhaps I was looking at a silver one but there was one of them in there too and that was unmistakable.
    11-07-2016 11:07 AM
65 123