Series 2 vs. Series 1

For your money, would you choose Series 1 or Series 2?

• Series 1

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Series 2

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Series 2 Nike edition for me. Aside from regular differences, I'm finding the battery life to be spectacular. I'm getting 2 1/2 days from a full charge which is much better than the Aw0 I had.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I haven't bought mine yet (waiting for December), but I'm totally going with the Series 1, since 1) I'm not a swimmer and neither plan on be one, so I don't need the better waterproofing, and 2) I don't picture myself leaving home without my phone, so the built in GPS for runs is useless for me. The only factor that I liked was the brighter screen but I saw some photos of both compared and I don't find the Series 1 unusable. Still I really liked to get the Nike+ watch band but I can't justify spending +100€ to get the Series 2 when there are 3rd party bands at 10€...

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't bought mine yet (waiting for December), but I'm totally going with the Series 1, since 1) I'm not a swimmer and neither plan on be one, so I don't need the better waterproofing, and 2) I don't picture myself leaving home without my phone, so the built in GPS for runs is useless for me. The only factor that I liked was the brighter screen but I saw some photos of both compared and I don't find the Series 1 unusable. Still I really liked to get the Nike+ watch band but I can't justify spending +100€ to get the Series 2 when there are 3rd party bands at 10€...

All good reasons. Series 2 isn't needed for everyone. If I wasn't into running so much (outdoors) I wouldn't need the GPS or waterproofing.

ziffos

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't run, don't swim.
Splash beer around quite a bit, work outside in the rain quite a bit.

Series 1 for me. (money left over to spend on more beer - hic)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Since I already owned an original AW, I never even considered S1. I bought the Nike+ specifically for GPS, waterproof, and brighter screen. By the way, based on comments I'd read, I didn't expect to notice much difference in screen brightness. Since I got the Nike+, I've been on a few afternoon runs where the sun was just flat out blinding and yet I can still glance down and see the watch well enough to get my time and pace. For me, the extra brightness is very noticeable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73