Great idea! Switching watch faces can be even easier than my DND suggestion. I have a 'Movie' watch face (same as Rene suggested in another thread) the Modular face with all complications OFF, and the time in red.

Ok, another suggestion a customizable Night Mode, where you program the hours of operation, notifications, WSWR, and brightness. And as with the iPhone, manual control as well.
    Yep that sounds like a good idea also. I'm going to create my night time one right now.
    10-24-2016 09:57 AM
    Is "Wake Screen on Wrist Raise ON" during sleep?

That is amazing, only losing 2% per 7hrs. Maybe its because of the App, I've been wanting to get Sleep Watch. Would you recommend it based on your experience? Reviews are not that great.

Please share what your settings are.. I would like to try your settings to see if I can get a similar result. (Brightness settings?, Reduce Motion On/Off?, Haptic Settings?, Background App Refresh On/Off?, etc). Thanks
    Settings - Wake Screen on Wrist Raise, Brightness = 100% (I'm not sure I set that or it was default), Haptic Strength = 100% (I use it as my wake up alarm), Prominent Haptic = On, Background App Refresh = all On, Reduce Motion = Off. TBH, I'm a newbie to the watch so I probably went with mostly defaults.

I like the Sleep Watch app but it's not perfect. Saturday night I did a lot of tossing and turning in my sleep (my team lost). The app thought I was awake most of the night and my battery use was significantly greater. I think I went from 100% to 87%. It's the only time it's been way off and used that much battery.

I'm going to suggest to the Sleep Watch developer that they track the battery use, if that's possible.
    10-24-2016 10:53 AM
    I agree with you Mac Guy, Airplane mode ON or OFF should not make much difference since I, as you, don't get basically any notifications over night.

Settings - Wake Screen on Wrist Raise, Brightness = 100% (I'm not sure I set that or it was default), Haptic Strength = 100% (I use it as my wake up alarm), Prominent Haptic = On, Background App Refresh = all On, Reduce Motion = Off. TBH, I'm a newbie to the watch so I probably went with mostly defaults.

I like the Sleep Watch app but it's not perfect. Saturday night I did a lot of tossing and turning in my sleep (my team lost). The app thought I was awake most of the night and my battery use was significantly greater. I think I went from 100% to 87%. It's the only time it's been way off and used that much battery.

I'm going to suggest to the Sleep Watch developer that they track the battery use, if that's possible.
    Thanks, seems to be related to app then (and hopefully not a faulty battery on my AWS2), since the one time it malfunctioned you got similar battery consumption as I did with Sleep++. Maybe Sleep++ consumes way more battery than Sleep Watch does?

However, I will try tonight again with Sleep++, Wake Screen on Raise OFF, Watch face without any complications and Background App Refresh OFF, as Dwood1970 does it, to see if I can get 7-8% only battery loss during the night. Will update tomorrow with the results.
    10-24-2016 08:06 PM
    However, I will try tonight again with Sleep++, Wake Screen on Raise OFF, Watch face without any complications and Background App Refresh OFF, as Dwood1970 does it, to see if I can get 7-8% only battery loss during the night. Will update tomorrow with the results.
    Tested as stated above, went to bed at 12:00am with a 100% battery, woke up at 7:30am with the battery at 93%. So, all good!

I think what made the biggest difference was App Refresh OFF + Wake Screen on Raise OFF. I don't think the Watch Face without complications made that big of a difference. Probably will test tonight with a regular Watch Face, Wake Screen on Raise OFF and Background App Refresh OFF for comparison.
    10-25-2016 10:11 AM
    That's good to know. Unfortunately just discovered it won't work with my iPhone 5, so I'll need to wait until I upgrade my phone before I can try it out.
    10-26-2016 10:31 AM
    Tested as stated above, went to bed at 12:00am with a 100% battery, woke up at 7:30am with the battery at 93%. So, all good!
    Great! If you use a busy watch face, the complications probably won't make much difference. But if you used four, with say a very simple, sparse face I think the drain would be more pronounced.

You will need App Refresh ON, though to use a sleep app, right? And certainly different apps might have different battery usage.

That's good to know. Unfortunately just discovered it won't work with my iPhone 5
    Oh, no! I was ecstatic when I learned that the Watch would work with my 5s. After the first iPhone, it's been my practice to by the s series instead of the first of the new number line.

At least you have a solid reason to upgrade! YAY!
    10-26-2016 11:34 AM
31 12