Series 2 or Nike + series 2?

cbohnert22

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
The new app is not reflecting personal bests. Apparently, I can run a 13 minute 5K. It starts and stops alot. So you could be midway through a run and it randomly pauses. I don't like that they removed challenges. Its way more social media friendly then running focused. Just my 2cents

I have to trust Nike will fix the bugs.... But its frustrating.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The new app is not reflecting personal bests. Apparently, I can run a 13 minute 5K. It starts and stops alot. So you could be midway through a run and it randomly pauses. I don't like that they removed challenges. Its way more social media friendly then running focused. Just my 2cents

I have to trust Nike will fix the bugs.... But its frustrating.

Wow, at 13 min 5K! You must be an elite runner!
This sounds incredibly frustrating. Would drive me bonkers. You'd think they'd have their app rock solid considering they have their own Nike+ model.

iVincam

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I like the Nike Watch face and the band but I hate the limited amount of colors. I wanted to be able to match my rose gold Iphone if I got the watch and I also worry about being able to change the bands to a more professional look when I'm not exercising so though I'm not sure I wonder if any of you switched from the series 1 to the nike for a specific reason. I'm not a heavy exerciser and usually do the super hard stuff to be supportive of my friends. I'm more of a dancer and yoga type of person. I'm very relaxed and don't really like running so should I just go with series 2 rather than the Nike version?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I like the Nike Watch face and the band but I hate the limited amount of colors. I wanted to be able to match my rose gold Iphone if I got the watch and I also worry about being able to change the bands to a more professional look when I'm not exercising so though I'm not sure I wonder if any of you switched from the series 1 to the nike for a specific reason. I'm not a heavy exerciser and usually do the super hard stuff to be supportive of my friends. I'm more of a dancer and yoga type of person. I'm very relaxed and don't really like running so should I just go with series 2 rather than the Nike version?

I agree. I thoroughly like the Nike faces, especially the digital but nope an update comes where we have more color options for the face.

iVincam

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I thoroughly like the Nike faces, especially the digital but nope an update comes where we have more color options for the face.

I do too. I think I'll just go with the series two though. I believe someone pointed out that the nike without the running app, band, and faces was a regular watch so I'll go with the regular and hope Apple realizes it can seriously cash in by allowing the nike bands for the regular watch.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I believe someone pointed out that the nike without the running app, band, and faces was a regular watch so I'll go with the regular

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning. By regular, do you mean a Series 1? Because a Nike+ is a Series 2, just a special edition of it, with Nike the app, band and faces, for the same money as any other Aluminum S2 Watch.

If you get a Series 2, the app and look-alike bands can be had but not the faces. If you get the Nike+, you can change the band and have a more subtle or 'proper' looking Watch for business or whatever. If I get another S2, it will be a Nike+. If I had any other Watch with a 'Nike' band real or not, I'd get tired of saying 'No, it's just a regular Watch with Nike band'.

I don't know the agreement between Apple and Nike, but I'm not sure Nike would want 'their' bands sold separately, especially if they get a cut of every Nike Watch sold. The Herm?s are so pricey that I'm sure they're happy that Apple sells them separately.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
For me I will be using my Apple Watch everyday so the watch has to look more like a watch than a toy. That is why I went for the Series 2 stainless steel version. I have ordered 3rd party Nike+ bands from China and will be receiving them soon. From what I have seen from samples, the bands look alot like the original version.

The only thing I want to know is if the Nike Run App can be installed to non Nike+ Apple Watch.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For me I will be using my Apple Watch everyday so the watch has to look more like a watch than a toy. That is why I went for the Series 2 stainless steel version. I have ordered 3rd party Nike+ bands from China and will be receiving them soon. From what I have seen from samples, the bands look alot like the original version.

The only thing I want to know is if the Nike Run App can be installed to non Nike+ Apple Watch.

Yes, Nike+ can be installed.

olearydan

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I ordered a Nike+ for my girlfriend because she is a serious runner. That was the deciding factor on what model to get because it seems that watch is so intensely focused around running.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
As a Nike+ edition owner I'd still argue that the Garmin watches are better for serious runners; the Nike+ App is pretty poor really (so I don't use it) but there's a shortage of good alternatives at the moment. I don't regret buying my watch but until the various running apps get updates I have to run with my phone present so it's a compromise right now.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
All that said, the Garmin devices are terrible smart watches which is why I put up with the current shortcomings of the Apple Watch as a running device

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
All that said, the Garmin devices are terrible smart watches which is why I put up with the current shortcomings of the Apple Watch as a running device

Personally, I think the Garmins are terribly ugly. Being a woman with tiny wrists, all the big time running watches look like bricks on me. The AW, however looks just fine. Too bad it's not as robust of a running device.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I think the Garmins are terribly ugly. Being a woman with tiny wrists, all the big time running watches look like bricks on me. The AW, however looks just fine. Too bad it's not as robust of a running device.
Garmin have made a lot of progress with the look of their devices but I agree they're still big. I thought the AW was going to be really chunky based on people saying they wanted it to be slimmer but was pleasantly surprised how much smaller it is compared to the Garmin that I had. At least the AW shortcomings for running can be addressed by app updates

jprice912

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I pretty much still wear my Garmin watch for my runs. The AW just does not show me enough data and I can't do multisport very easily on the AW. Hopefully with some updates this will improve. I'm also waiting to see what other apps like Strava will do when they update to take advantage of the built in GPS. That's the beauty of the AW, you are not tied to just 1 app. Right now though, it just doesn't work for me as a running watch

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox