Best third party bands for Apple Watch

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have an Apple Watch on order, time to think about bands. Since we're all probably well versed in the bands available from Apple (and Hermes), thought it'd be fun to put together a running list of some of the BEST third party Apple Watch bands.

I'll get this party started. Below are a few I've had my eye on:

Add your own choices (with links please) below!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm wearing Pad & Quill's Lowry Cuff and it's a really nice, high quality leather band from a very well known leather accessory maker.

Check it out here.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I second the Eoso Link bracelet as well as their Sport Band knockoffs. They are all pretty good quality. $70 for a link bracelet is a whole lot better than $500. P&Q makes good stuff but I haven't tried their bands, sure they are fine. I would like to recommend the Case Mate leather bands. They are a little small for my wrist but aside from that they seem to be good quality.

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm also looking at Lucrin. I like that you can choose the color of the connector: silver or black.

I really like those bands!

My S2 watch is arriving shortly and I'm looking for another band.

Gentleman in the apple store mentioned that the bands for slightly different with the series 2 so should I hold off ordering until it's been updated? I previously heard the bands are compatible.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
For sports bands, you can't beat Moko brand, available from Amazon.com. Other than the fact that the material is ever so slightly thinner, these are the closest thing you'll find to an Apple sports band. I don't have EVERY color Moko offers, but almost. My wife and I have an agreement - she has different shoes for every outfit, I change watch bands to match shirt color. No judgment. :nerd:

For nylon bands, I just bought a pink one from Kartice and it seems identical to the one Apple nylon band I own.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Gentleman in the apple store mentioned that the bands for slightly different with the series 2 so should I hold off ordering until it's been updated? I previously heard the bands are compatible.

This is absolutely the first I've heard about that S2 or any bands being different from the first versions.

I expected that there would be different bands available, but not incompatible. Maybe somebody with an S2 can speak to the compatibility with original bands. Given the number of people who have a number of bands, I'd expect we'd have heard about any incompatibility with the S2 (or S1) already.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm also looking at Lucrin. I like that you can choose the color of the connector: silver or black.

I looked at their Classic Buckle and it looks every bit as nice as Apple's CB. But I was hoping to find a good leather band for a little less than what Apple wants.

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
This is absolutely the first I've heard about that S2 or any bands being different from the first versions.

I expected that there would be different bands available, but not incompatible. Maybe somebody with an S2 can speak to the compatibility with original bands. Given the number of people who have a number of bands, I'd expect we'd have heard about any incompatibility with the S2 (or S1) already.

That's what I thought as well so I figured i'd take the risk on a couple of the sport bands on amazon. At 12 dollars it's worth the inconvenience if i have to return them.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I change watch bands to match shirt color.

I might do that and see if anybody notices. But my sartorial splendor is somewhat limited in range, and it's not the right time of year to find a turquoise YSL or Ralph Lauren polo shirt, is it? I'd even settle for an iZod, but that's so '80s. <looking around for the October GQ>

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I might do that and see if anybody notices.

On a study abroad trip last May, I wore a different color shirt every day with a matching watch band. I wasn't sure if anyone noticed. One day I wore a long-sleeve shirt and one of the students walked up to me and pulled up my sleeve so she could see the watch band. "Just checking," she said. :cool:

By the way, here's today's combo - pink long-sleeve Columbia shirt with pink Kartice nylon band.

2016-09-29 13.02.14.jpg

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

You can check from the apple store. I have 3 bands from my previous apple watch and they all install fine with my Apple Watch series 2.

1) Apple Milanese SS Loop
2) Apple SS Link Bracelet (you can check from Apple's site that all 42mm size watches are compatible with the strap)
3) 3rd Party Brown Leather Cuff strap

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
You can check from the apple store. I have 3 bands from my previous apple watch and they all install fine with my Apple Watch series 2.

Thanks for the confirmation. Changing the design of connectors is an Apple hallmark, but I really didn't think they do it for the Watch, at least not this soon. So I can continue to buy bands with abandon. Or as much abandon as my wallet permits. When that fails, there's always- plastic! LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711