Can the Watch Series 2 be paired with 3rd--party HR straps?

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
This is a question for owners of the Watch Series 2... is it possible to pair it a third-party heart rate strap? I have a Scosche Rhythm+ paired with my Garmin Vivoactive via Bluetooth LE, and would like to keep using it and shut off the HR on the Watch if possible.

While I'm at it... I've also been using a Garmin foot pod for more accurate distance measurements during treadmill runs, but that's an ANT+ device. Will it sync with the Watch?

I'm looking forward to your answers before I decide on whether to place an order!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully people that can answer your questions will reply soon. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of the iMore forums.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
The WATCH 1st Generation was able to connect to both an external Bluetooth heart rate monitor and Bluetooth headphones at the same time. This hasn?t changed in Series 2.

I can?t speak for compatibility with individual devices, but you should be fine. You?ll connect by opening the Settings app on your WATCH (not iPhone) under the Bluetooth section. It should show up under the Health Devices subsection.

I don?t believe Apple devices support ANT+.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711