Apple watch series 2 battery life

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what happened with my series 2. The first two days I would be at 56% when I went to charge it at night. This is two work outs and a wear time from 3am-10pm. My series 0 would always be around 5%, so I was enjoying the extra battery. Unfortunately lately my series 2 is ending the day with 10% battery or less. The usage is the exact same and I always have my phone with me. I have even double checked to make sure I didn't have a lot of apps docked and their were none. I have decided to return my series 2 as there isn't a real reason for me to upgrade. I never use the gps, speed increase isn't that noticeable in most situations, I still swam and showered with my 0.

I notice that too, for some reason series 2 battery hasn't been lasting as long as I expected. And haven't used it for outdoor run, so it's not the GPS.
Today I came back from work, my watch had 64% charger. Just left it on the side table for about 6 hours (not connected to charger) picked it up battery was down to 31%. Series 0 used to sit in standby and only lose 5-10% hours later.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
To Whom it May Concern (looking at you Rene and Serenity):

Please ask your contacts at Apple to make a "puck only" charger with a lightning port - then I can carry it anywhere with my usual ravel package of a charger and cable and can recharge everything from my watch to an iPad Pro!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...same here, two days on my Series II. Albeit, I do need to make a point about using it more, i.e. not picking up my phone to read emails and such.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting 2 day battery life on series 2.

Does that include any activities that use the watch's gps? Battery life has been a complete non-issue for me with my orig AW. My only concern is that the gps may change that.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Does that include any activities that use the watch's gps? Battery life has been a complete non-issue for me with my orig AW. My only concern is that the gps may change that.

No GPS. I'm actually at the end of day 2 and still 44%. So if no GPS, it's possible to get 3 days or close to it.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The battery life is sufficient for me. I typically take my watch off the charger around 5:30 a.m. for a 40 to 50 minute run, and use it throughout the day as well. I put it back on the charger around 10 p.m. or so, and have around 30 to 40% battery life remaining. Without using using the GPS I could likely go 2 days without a charge, although I'm not sure why I would. I already charge my iPhone and iPad every night whether they need it or not, and while it would be nice to have multi-day battery life on the watch, it certainly is not a deal breaker for me to charge it every night.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The battery life is sufficient for me. I typically take my watch off the charger around 5:30 a.m. for a 40 to 50 minute run, and use it throughout the day as well. I put it back on the charger around 10 p.m. or so, and have around 30 to 40% battery life remaining. Without using using the GPS I could likely go 2 days without a charge, although I'm not sure why I would. I already charge my iPhone and iPad every night whether they need it or not, and while it would be nice to have multi-day battery life on the watch, it certainly is not a deal breaker for me to charge it every night.

Your usage pattern sounds in line with mine. I would like to wear my AW to bed for sleep tracking and to use the silent alarm, but since it needs to be charged overnight, I just use my fitbit.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I just can sleep with my watch on. As a matter of fact, when it comes to jewelry, I can only have my chain on. Even my wedding ring has to come off.

Yes, weird, I know...

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Your usage pattern sounds in line with mine. I would like to wear my AW to bed for sleep tracking and to use the silent alarm, but since it needs to be charged overnight, I just use my fitbit.

True, the silent alarm would be nice, and I do use a Fitbit solely for that purpose. That way I don't wake my wife up for those early morning in the dark runs

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
True, the silent alarm would be nice, and I do use a Fitbit solely for that purpose. That way I don't wake my wife up for those early morning in the dark runs

Yes! Exactly! I haven't used an audible alarm in 2 years. My husband is thankful bc I get up so early to run and workout.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I could likely go 2 days without a charge, although I'm not sure why I would... and while it would be nice to have multi-day battery life on the watch, it certainly is not a deal breaker for me to charge it every night.

Same here. It's not a big deal at all for me to just plop the Watch on a charging stand. I slept with it to use Sleep++, no problems. I charged it during my morning routine getting ready for work, and occasionally at night during my bedtime routine. It has never needed an overnight charge.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox