Three to Five weeks

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Since Friday, I'm been trying to decide if I should simply buy a 1st Gen Apple Watch.
Why? I don't need GPS, I don't run, and don't swim (unless I'm at the beach).

However, now that I've finally decided to buy an Apple Watch Series II, the wait is 3-5 weeks.
See, that's what I get for being 'slow'...

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
That's a long wait. But i wonder, if you said you don't run/swim and don't need the GPS, why did you decide to go with the Series 2?

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Good question, another reason why I still have ordered a watch yet. I keep looking at the current 1st Gen, and thinking just get that.
Albeit, the NEW Series I, is supposed to be 'faster'.

Honestly, such decisions over a bloody watch. ugh...

That's a long wait. But i wonder, if you said you don't run/swim and don't need the GPS, why did you decide to go with the Series 2?

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
haha i hear ya. I currently own an Apple Watch (I'm guessing series 0), i run with it, i don't swim and it works great so i'm not eager to buy a Series 2. GPS doesn't interest me much, i also wonder how the battery would do since they didn't mention an upgrade on battery, the Series 1 is the one with the new chip which should be great and cheaper too.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The Series 1 is faster] than the Gen 1. Better CPU and GPU. wOS3 speeds up the Gen 1 a little but it will still be night and day difference between the two.

That may not be all that important to some people. It isn't for me, but I'll take it since I'm getting the Watch for the brighter display.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm going for the series 2 for the brighter screen

This was the tipping point for me. A somewhat distant second was the new processor, more out of curiosity than perceived 'need'. Everything else is just icing.

Also: Apple may move up your shipping date, as it's not written in stone.

pmconaway

May 17, 2016
Visit site
That's good to know. Now I just got to find one at a local apple store. Or it looks like I will be waiting till sometime in October before I get my hands on one.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
...well, today, I've officially ordered the Apple Watch Series II, Stainless Steel Space Black. Delivery 18th - 31st Oct!

Albeit, I have a Series I, ready for collection from Best Buy. For the sake of it, I might 'try' that version in the interim.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
...well, today, I've officially ordered the Apple Watch Series II, Stainless Steel Space Black. Delivery 18th - 31st Oct!

That's it! Go big or go home. Great choice!

Albeit, I have a Series I, ready for collection from Best Buy. For the sake of it, I might 'try' that version in the interim.

Unless you're not sure about the S2, I wouldn't bother with the interim, unless of course you might consider keeping it as well as the S2. I say not bother only because I find it a bigger bother to pack up an item for return. If that's not the type of thing that puts you off, give it a 'try'. But that S2 you ordered is a beauty!

quiksetz

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I bought the S1 after hearing from friends that they didn't have a problem seeing the screen in direct sunlight. I'm a beach volleyball coach and tried it out at practice today and while I could see the screen I had trouble seeing anything that wasn't in white. I got this at target so I have 30 days to return, and hopefully I can find an S2 before the return period ends

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Since Friday, I'm been trying to decide if I should simply buy a 1st Gen Apple Watch.
Why? I don't need GPS, I don't run, and don't swim (unless I'm at the beach).

However, now that I've finally decided to buy an Apple Watch Series II, the wait is 3-5 weeks.
See, that's what I get for being 'slow'...

I was in the same position as you. I don't run but would prob end up getting back into cycling with the GPS in S2.

I finally decided to get the S2 because of one simple thing.... future proofing.
When watchOS 4 or 5 is announced it may not work with S0 or S1 so I give myself a little bit of a longer life with it

rishio

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I don't use gps, don't need a better screen, and swimproof is not high on the list. The reason I went for Series 2 is 35% more battery life (I don't use gps and keep the screen on the lowest setting), and louder speaker. It's crazy how very few reviews talk about the increased battery life. I really needed it on the 38mm.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't use gps, don't need a better screen, and swimproof is not high on the list. The reason I went for Series 2 is 35% more battery life (I don't use gps and keep the screen on the lowest setting), and louder speaker. It's crazy how very few reviews talk about the increased battery life. I really needed it on the 38mm.

Agree. The battery life on the series 0 line is atrocious.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
...received an email this morning that I should be receiving my Apple Watch 2, shortly.
A moment ago reviewed the UPS tracking info, and it is rescheduled; check for more details later. Still in China (well, the China area). More than likely it is on a plane right now.

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
...received an email this morning that I should be receiving my Apple Watch 2, shortly.
A moment ago reviewed the UPS tracking info, and it is rescheduled; check for more details later. Still in China (well, the China area). More than likely it is on a plane right now.

This is the one you said above has an expected delivery date of October 18? Yay!

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Same. I had the email on the 20th and Apple order page says delivery today at some point however, UPS say it's at it's 3rd layover in Kazakhstan at the moment