Why no trade in Apple Watch program?

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering why no trade in program for Apple Watch? I think it would be a great way to get people to upgrade there watch every year..., what do you think?

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
That sound like a good idea but the only problem about that is people actually paid for there watches ⌚️ so that wouldn't actually work out lol

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd love a trade in program. My original Apple Watch is awesome; the only feature I've been longing for is to be able to track swimming! But Gazelle doesn't take them, and neither does anyone else as far as I can tell.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
That could be the issue...large market to trade in and up, but is there a market to buy used? I don't know the answer to that, just throwing it out there.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
You are probably right. There isn't enough used market.

That's be my guess. Most anyone selling a Watch will be taking a big loss in most cases. The biggest problem is some places selling the Gen 1 Watch for $200+.

Selling a 'used' Gen 1, even pristine and with the box, will be tough to get that amount. The price of being an Early Adopter.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I realize a trade-in would almost certainly be a substantial discount from the re-sale market. Still, I'd be willing to accept the discount to avoid the hassle.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was a late early adopter and was all set to sell mine for a decent price via Craigslist, but the 3-5 week period to get a Series 2 Watch along with still unanswered questions about the GPS (is it significantly more reliable than using the phone's GPS?) led me to cancel the sale. Part of me is kicking myself for turning down the sale, but because I'd use it for running, I need to see more GPS tests before I commit to upgrading. For now, my gen 1 will do. :)

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I was a late early adopter and was all set to sell mine for a decent price via Craigslist, but the 3-5 week period to get a Series 2 Watch along with still unanswered questions about the GPS (is it significantly more reliable than using the phone's GPS?) led me to cancel the sale. Part of me is kicking myself for turning down the sale, but because I'd use it for running, I need to see more GPS tests before I commit to upgrading. For now, my gen 1 will do. :)

I think the point of the GPS is to leave the phone behind. The phones GPS is as reliable as can be.

obiwein

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Phones, watches... what I would really love is some super Apple Upgrade Program where I could just give them $2000 per year and just always have the newest of everything released.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77