What type of Apple Watch are you going to buy?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Series 1 or Series 2 (doesn't matter), which one(s) do you have your eyes on? I'm torn between the Nike+ and regular black on black series 2.

Post your picks here, screenshots welcome too!

blackonblack.pngnikeplus.png

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
da15a1d3369d6da0b5c2fe5e160e7a5b.jpg

Here is what I will be preordering tonight

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Series 1 is only adding a S1P dual-core processor and Series 2 have S2 dual-core processor, 50m water resistance, built-in GPS, twice brighter screen but similar batt life. Externally, the Series 2 have an additional hole at the left side.

I'm still thinking if it's worth to upgrade my current Watch to the Series 2, but the biggest selling point for me is the built-in GPS, so still considering.

The ceramic one is also pretty tempting.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Series 1 is only adding a S1P dual-core processor and Series 2 have S2 dual-core processor, 50m water resistance, built-in GPS, twice brighter screen but similar batt life. Externally, the Series 2 have an additional hole at the left side.

I'm still thinking if it's worth to upgrade my current Watch to the Series 2, but the biggest selling point for me is the built-in GPS, so still considering.

The ceramic one is also pretty tempting.

I was just asking myself if it's really worth the upgrade

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
I like the Nike version, but, I'm sure that will cost a bloody mint!
Something tells me, I might even swing for the current version, and simply install the latest OS, when it is available.

Now, having said all that, I like the feature of being able to 'swim' with the newer model. Not that I swim at all; just like having the option of it if not getting soaked and me not crying my eyes out over $500+...

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought my decision was made (Rose Gold Series 2 Sport)...but man, those stainless steel ones with the Milanese loop look REALLY nice. I'm going to have to visit my local Apple Store today after work to try a SS one on and see what I think.

Thoughts on SS Watch vs. Aluminum Watch Sport? It seems like the big differences are weight, material (aluminum/ion-x glass vs. ss/sapphire) and overall look, right?

At least I have my size picked out (38mm)...progress?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Series 2 Nike. Not sure on color yet but the band will have the yellow in it. I like that yellow.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I thought my decision was made (Rose Gold Series 2 Sport)...but man, those stainless steel ones with the Milanese loop look REALLY nice. I'm going to have to visit my local Apple Store today after work to try a SS one on and see what I think.

Thoughts on SS Watch vs. Aluminum Watch Sport? It seems like the big differences are weight, material (aluminum/ion-x glass vs. ss/sapphire) and overall look, right?

At least I have my size picked out (38mm)...progress?

I currently have the 42mm SS with Milanese Loop (not the space black one) and I absolutely adore it! When I first purchased it was with a black sport band so the Milanese Loop was a gift from the wife.

You won't go wrong with the stainless steel as if feels better on hand, and looks more elegant just like a regular dress watch.

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the 42mm SS with Milanese Loop (not the space black one) and I absolutely adore it! When I first purchased it was with a black sport band so the Milanese Loop was a gift from the wife.

You won't go wrong with the stainless steel as if feels better on hand, and looks more elegant just like a regular dress watch.

Thanks for the input! It just looks sooooo nice. I feel like if I go for the rose gold I'll regret it a few months down the line, but the SS looks classy and timeless (and I like the look of it better than the matte aluminum, I think). I've been doing a good job of clearing out some stuff I don't use around the house with the help of eBay, so I have the cash...just gotta decide if I want to take the leap! I think it will be worth it though. :)

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the input! It just looks sooooo nice. I feel like if I go for the rose gold I'll regret it a few months down the line, but the SS looks classy and timeless (and I like the look of it better than the matte aluminum, I think). I've been doing a good job of clearing out some stuff I don't use around the house with the help of eBay, so I have the cash...just gotta decide if I want to take the leap! I think it will be worth it though. :)

It's really worth it honestly. Initially I was thinking between the Aluminum Sport with blue sport band and the stainless steel. Went with the stainless steel and never looked back. I personally prefer having a bit of weight for my watches, and especially after spending a lot on an Apple Watch, might as well go all the way. ;)

Ariel484

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It's really worth it honestly. Initially I was thinking between the Aluminum Sport with blue sport band and the stainless steel. Went with the stainless steel and never looked back. I personally prefer having a bit of weight for my watches, and especially after spending a lot on an Apple Watch, might as well go all the way. ;)

That's what I'm thinking. I really like the ML and if I got a sport and then bought the ML I'd practically be at the SS price anyway...HMM....

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the series one aluminum sport space grey. It's been powered down awhile since I sold my 6 plus. I think I'm going all out and getting the series two stainless space black.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I will probably buy series 2 but not mainly for the GPS, but rather the 2x brightness when I'm biking in the sun.
Also for the new processor S2 and the hope that the speaker of the series 2 is louder then the actual Apple Watch...

Some report that it's not exactly the same processor in series 1 and series 2.
Series 1 is call S1P
Series 2 is call S2

Maybe because Series -2 have a GPS on it and not on series 1...

Anyone have info on this ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234