Yep this just happened!!!
    This tells me I have to make a substantial effort-- to lower my goals!
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    10-14-2016 04:46 AM
    Wow!!!!

Attachment 112099
    Attachment 112100

I could probably go a second full day. Very impressed
    Wow, that is impressive. Do you have Wake Screen on Raise ON and Background App Refresh ON??
    10-25-2016 10:21 AM
    Wow, that is impressive. Do you have Wake Screen on Raise ON and Background App Refresh ON??

Yep and I have the brightness on high and prominent taptics enabled. No sound though, that is off.
    10-25-2016 10:54 AM
    Yep and I have the brightness on high and prominent taptics enabled. No sound though, that is off.
    Woah, very nice. I installed watchOS 3.1 yesterday. I've been noticing better battery, removed my AWS2 from the charger this morning at 8:00am, 100%. Its 12:05PM now, so far like 10-15 text alerts, like 5 email alerts and been controlling my iPhone music with it since 9:00AM and its at 97% currently. Lets see how the day ends up battery wise.
    10-25-2016 11:08 AM
    50 meters is good enough for scuba diving (recreational) that's awesome! I din't know about it!
    10-29-2016 09:59 PM
    Has anyone gone from an OG Watch to a Series 2 Watch? Was it worth the upgrade? I'm trying to decide whether or not the snappier SoC and brighter screen are worth the cost of entry. I don't use any of the fitness features, just as a driving assistant and for notifications.
    01-02-2017 07:20 PM
    Has anyone gone from an OG Watch to a Series 2 Watch? Was it worth the upgrade? I'm trying to decide whether or not the snappier SoC and brighter screen are worth the cost of entry. I don't use any of the fitness features, just as a driving assistant and for notifications.
    I wanted initially to go for the Series 2 from my current original first gen, but the GPS does not perform what I intended to, only for fitness usage, and I don't swim with watches. The Series 2 isn't a lot faster and neither the screen is a lot brighter as well.

So I stayed with my original Apple Watch, not worth paying so much more for another one unless the upgrades are more significant.
    njlx2016 likes this.
    01-03-2017 01:53 AM
    I am also moving from the first gen watch to the series 2 mainly because of the waterproof aspect of it. The GPS will be a bonus and I am hoping the battery life is better. I ended up getting a few gift cards for Christmas so my out of pocket is basically a wash. I am hoping I am not disappointed with my move.
    njlx2016 likes this.
    01-03-2017 08:14 AM
    I made that jump as well. I had (and have) three AWs and wanted an AWS2, mainly for the brighter screen. What I found was the screen wasn't noticeable brighter to me. I've yet to use the GPS, but thought/think it would/will be handy one day should I forget my phone. I don't run and don't know if or when I'll swim again. There are some areas where the S2 performs faster, but they're few and far between. watchOS 3 works well on all generations. The move satisfied my curiosity. But unless someone needs GPS, is an avid swimmer and/or runner, or just wants the Nike+ (as I do), I couldn't recommend going to an S2, unless money just wasn't a metric at all.

The S1 and S2 will have the edge down the road as wOS become more demanding, but I see no reason to upgrade the rest of my AWs. Maybe when S3 or or S4 rolls out...

If I knew then what I know now, the smart money would be on the AWS1. Same SoC (except for the GPS bit) but 450nits for the screen instead of 1000. Light behaving the way it does, I don't think real world use is anywhere near as dramatic as the stats. It'll work as a driving assistant as long as you have your phone with you, but not on its own. But if you got a good deal on an AW, you might be very happy with it.
    njlx2016 and sgchick like this.
    01-06-2017 09:55 AM
    I made that jump as well. I had (and have) three AWs and wanted an AWS2, mainly for the brighter screen. What I found was the screen wasn't noticeable brighter to me. I've yet to use the GPS, but thought/think it would/will be handy one day should I forget my phone. I don't run and don't know if or when I'll swim again. There are some areas where the S2 performs faster, but they're few and far between. watchOS 3 works well on all generations. The move satisfied my curiosity. But unless someone needs GPS, is an avid swimmer and/or runner, or just wants the Nike+ (as I do), I couldn't recommend going to an S2, unless money just wasn't a metric at all.

The S1 and S2 will have the edge down the road as wOS become more demanding, but I see no reason to upgrade the rest of my AWs. Maybe when S3 or or S4 rolls out...

If I knew then what I know now, the smart money would be on the AWS1. Same SoC (except for the GPS bit) but 450nits for the screen instead of 1000. Light behaving the way it does, I don't think real world use is anywhere near as dramatic as the stats. It'll work as a driving assistant as long as you have your phone with you, but not on its own. But if you got a good deal on an AW, you might be very happy with it.
    What he said

I made the jump from the original to a series 2 and haven't regretted it. But, I run and swim so it made sense from a fitness perspective.
    njlx2016 and Mac Guy like this.
    01-06-2017 10:44 AM
    My brother is on VERIZON. He bought the S2. No data line on it
    02-19-2017 03:39 PM
    No data line on it
    I'm not sure what that means. None of the () Watches have a cellular radio, so all their data is either onboard or supplied by the phone. I wouldn't think the Watches' functionality is affected by what carrier is used for the phone.

Or you don't know what he thinks of it, yet?
    02-19-2017 05:14 PM
    It's Bluetooth enabled. Someone mentioned Series 2 is standalone. It is with GPS but for real standalone needs a separate phone number and it's on its own data plan. No Apple Watch does this. No carrier sells the Apple Watch
    Samsung watch is a standalone and requires a contract on VERIZON. I know because I have the S2 and could use it separate from my phone. I jumped ship when I heard Samsung can be used on Apple but with limits. It's Bluetooth only and can't respond to texts messages I was happy to hear this because I jumped at the chance to switch to Apple.
    02-19-2017 05:34 PM
    It's Bluetooth enabled. Someone mentioned Series 2 is standalone. It is with GPS but for real standalone needs a separate phone number and it's on its own data plan. No Apple Watch does this. No carrier sells the Apple Watch
    Samsung watch is a standalone and requires a contract on VERIZON. I know because I have the S2 and could use it separate from my phone. I jumped ship when I heard Samsung can be used on Apple but with limits. It's Bluetooth only and can't respond to texts messages I was happy to hear this because I jumped at the chance to switch to Apple.
    I believe that people thought that you meant that your brother has an Apple Watch Series 2 when you said he had an "S2".
    02-19-2017 07:31 PM
    He does. Gave the Series 2. I have seen it referred as S2 which confused me at first. I thought they meant Samsung S2 like I have I have the series 1 watch innAppke as well
    My brother wanted the newer one for the built in GPS.
    That doesn't make it a fully functional standalone Watch.
    02-19-2017 07:35 PM
    I believe that people thought that you meant that your brother has an Apple Watch Series 2 when you said he had an "S2".
    I knew it was an AWS2. But the post read like three random bits of unrelated information strung together, their relationship a mystery.
    02-20-2017 06:38 AM
    Have the opportunity to pick up a 38mm series 2 for $275 does that seem like a fair price? I see Apple has refurbished for $309 I believe
    03-06-2017 12:32 PM
    Have the opportunity to pick up a 38mm series 2 for $275 does that seem like a fair price? I see Apple has refurbished for $309 I believe
    If it is brand new then yes.
    03-06-2017 01:47 PM
    If it's not then it's not a good deal?
    03-06-2017 01:54 PM
    I like the new series
    03-13-2017 06:19 AM
70 123