Keyboards for Apple Watch

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently trying out Shift. My initial impression is "meh". I'm not giving up on it... yet. I want to give it a fair chance. I find it very non-intuitive to use. I had trouble adding punctuation, among other things. Of course, this could be a PEBCAK error, but in this particular instance, I doubt it.

I am wondering if anyone else has tried Shift or another Keyboard for Apple Watch? And in particular, does anyone have any positive experiences that they'd like to share? I hope so! I would really like to find something that makes it all worthwhile!

:D :D :D

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently trying out Shift. My initial impression is "meh". I'm not giving up on it... yet. I want to give it a fair chance. I find it very non-intuitive to use. I had trouble adding punctuation, among other things. Of course, this could be a PEBCAK error, but in this particular instance, I doubt it.

I am wondering if anyone else has tried Shift or another Keyboard for Apple Watch? And in particular, does anyone have any positive experiences that they'd like to share? I hope so! I would really like to find something that makes it all worthwhile!

:D :D :D

Until I came across this thread, I didn’t even know that was a possibility.
I haven’t felt the need for such an app.
Hopefully someone else will come along and share their experiences with you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Until I came across this thread, I didn’t even know that was a possibility.
I haven’t felt the need for such an app.
Hopefully someone else will come along and share their experiences with you.

Like you, I didn’t even know there was such a thing, but hey, I’m sure some people will use it. I’m not one of them. To me, the Watch is too small of an item to be typing on and as accurate as its dictation is, there’s no need for me to even attempt to type on it.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I saw Shift, was tempted, but will see how it goes for others. A scribble, Siri and a phone call usually work for any need I have to reply to a message. It's more likely that I really need to give a detailed reply to a Microsoft Teams notification than most text messages so that circumstance added to not trying Shift.

I thank anyone trying it and wish the best to all who are at bringing more function to the watch.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Update: I ended up deleting it for many of the reasons listed here. It was too cumbersome, and it's easier to dictate a message!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Like you, I didn’t even know there was such a thing, but hey, I’m sure some people will use it. I’m not one of them. To me, the Watch is too small of an item to be typing on and as accurate as its dictation is, there’s no need for me to even attempt to type on it.

BOOM!

(mic drop)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW