New Apple watch owner - message app

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Loving my new Apple Watch (series 1). The only thing I wish it had is a keyboard for answering texts! Is there any 3rd party apps that add a keyboard to the watch in messages?? I've searched the forums but haven't seen anything on this. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I doubt we'll see a keyboard app for the Watch. The screen is too tiny, in my opinion. Having said that, the dictation feature, in regard to replies, is superbly accurate in my experience, and I use it quite often.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes I agree the dictation feature is pretty accurate - but sometimes you can't dictate to your wrist and the presets sometimes aren't enough. I did however discover today that I can set my own presets and that will help :) thanks for your reply!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I agree the dictation feature is pretty accurate - but sometimes you can't dictate to your wrist and the presets sometimes aren't enough. I did however discover today that I can set my own presets and that will help :) thanks for your reply!

You're very welcome...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes I agree the dictation feature is pretty accurate - but sometimes you can't dictate to your wrist and the presets sometimes aren't enough.

And that's when you scribble . Or pull out the phone. I made some custom presets when I first got the Watch because the stock replies weren't that relevant. For the most part, I now have the simple texts covered.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro