Must have apps

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The compatable stock apps work best, IMO. Try those and compare. I try to keep it simple and don't use a lot of 3rd party apps. I do use WebMD to remind me when it's time for my meds.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The compatable stock apps work best, IMO. Try those and compare. I try to keep it simple and don't use a lot of 3rd party apps. I do use WebMD to remind me when it's time for my meds.

Stock apps tend to run much faster than 3rd party apps.

I have found a few to be quite useful for different scenarios.

Alex Krivenets

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Fitness app which is pre-installed. And more depends on you habits, etc.
Like if you have a car you'll need some parking app for apple watch, like parkOmator (not released yet)

stcroixjava

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Some of my favorite hidden gem apps are:
  • Weather Underground
  • Stepz
  • Where Am I
  • PopPik + Connect Aware

Looking for other good apps that others have found.

by1333

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Some of my favorite hidden gem apps are:
  • Weather Underground
  • Stepz
  • Where Am I
  • PopPik + Connect Aware

Looking for other good apps that others have found.

Thanks for these. I just downloaded all but "Where am i" since there are a few and they dont tell me if there is a watch app...

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for these. I just downloaded all but "Where am i" since there are a few and they dont tell me if there is a watch app...

Just search for it through the watch app on your phone, then it will show you those that have watch related features.

gwhizkids

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Thermo Watch, if you have a Nest thermostat. Allows you to control it from the Watch. As of yesterday, you can now do it with your voice!

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have only had my watch for one week and was wondering which watch apps were worth considering. I definitely will check on Fantastical's app as I do have it on my iPhone. I also am looking for a weather app that improves on the standard one, so I'll check out CARROT Weather too. Thanks for the ideas.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I definitely will check on Fantastical's app as I do have it on my iPhone.

If you have Fantastical on your phone, it's a click away from installing that app on your Watch, too. Just open the Watch app, find Fantastical, and follow it to the Install switch.

I also am looking for a weather app that improves on the standard one, so I'll check out CARROT Weather too.
I have Carrot Weather and I'm not a fan. The snark was fun for a minute, but got old quickly. If I had it to do over, I'd try Dark Sky instead, and may do so anyway. It's only money, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner