Sleep cycle app?

duncanator

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying out a few but so far nothing seems good. I was using the MS Band and Band 2 and that has fantastic sleep tracking built in to the device. The Band 2 is not as comfortable as the Apple Watch, but is much better than the original band. If I can't get anything good for tracking weightlifting and sleep (for recovery), I might have to go back.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Sleep++ and sleepio... I use sleep++ its good

I use Sleep++ as well and IMO it's not worth getting until the developer updates it. Sleep++ doesn't know the difference between actual sleep time and in bed time and while it works with the Health Kit, the data it reports is useless. It doesn't provide any calculations for light sleep, deep sleep or resting HR. I hope the dev continues to make improvements to it.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I use Sleep++ as well and IMO it's not worth getting until the developer updates it. Sleep++ doesn't know the difference between actual sleep time and in bed time and while it works with the Health Kit, the data it reports is useless. It doesn't provide any calculations for light sleep, deep sleep or resting HR. I hope the dev continues to make improvements to it.

Agreed, good start but needs much work.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I just emailed the developer to see if any updates are planned for this app. It's off to a good start but needs improvement. I will update thread with any response

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Look for an update, no time line as to when, he said he's wrapping it up now. I look for more detailed sleep analysis though.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Th bake for the update. I'm keeping an eye out for it. I hope there is an improved method for determining sleep in that update. I say that because I recently did a comparison between Sleep ++ and my MS Band. Sleep++ was more than 1 hour off (over estimated) the mark for sleep measured compared the MS Band.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Any news on the update?

I'm looking fr a good sleep tracking app for my Watch and there's so many out there, i'd like to get personal opinions from folks on their favourite please.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Any news on the update?

I'm looking fr a good sleep tracking app for my Watch and there's so many out there, i'd like to get personal opinions from folks on their favourite please.

No update yet. As far as I can tell Sleep Pulse 2 and Sleep++ are the only players worth looking at and as a Sleep++ user, I am not recommending it until an update comes.

When it comes to these sleep trackers, there is no comparison of an independent developer and a corporation like Fitbit, Microsoft or another multimillion dollar company that pays their own in house software engineers to develop a sleep monitor that accurately reflects sleep history. That's just my .02

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have used both Sleep++ and Sleep Pulse.

I track my sleep every night and it was the one thing I was missing when the Watch came out. I would put on my garmin device each night to track sleep and then take it off in the morning. Not any more ��

I will give a quick pros and cons of each and let you know which I picked to use nightly and why:

Sleep++
Pros:
Super clean and easy to use
Complication is multi color (i know petty, but I like that)
Fast start and stop after you hit the start sleep button
Health kit integration
Free
Cons:
Very limited data
Not super accurate, there were times I would get out of bed to walk the dogs and it didn't record awake.
Health Kit integration poor. It posts twice with the same data for in-bed and asleep

Sleep Pulse
Pros:
Tracks sleep and heart rate for a more accurate representation of sleep.
Health kit integration with a detailed breakdown of total time in bed and actual asleep time
ability to adjust the sensitivity in .5 increments depending on how heavy or light you sleep
App shows a lot of data, time in bed, HR, time awake, steps taken, etc...
Cons:
Not the prettiest app
Complication not full color
Not free (not really a con for me but it is for some. I like to support developers)

So in the end I am using Sleep Pulse every night to track my sleep and I am very happy with it. I have not had any hiccups with the Watch app or the phone app and the data it provides is great. Using HR along with motion gives you a much better gauge of sleep.

Neither had any issues with the battery on my Watch. I charge my watch in the car on the way home from work so it is at 100% when get to my house. It usually drops to 95% or so before bed and I top it off while I brush my teeth and say good night to the kids. I put the watch and my phone in DnD and when I wake up I am around 93-95%.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Been almost a month since I emailed the developer of Sleep++, still no update. Hate to sound impatient but I did pay him for this app and improvements have been promised. Last update was October of last year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox