New feature in Activity app!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
After my run this morning, I was very excited to discover that the activity app has a new feature! When I pull up the details of my run, in the row with Avg Pace, it now reports Splits - the pace for each mile of my run. AND, it's not just this morning's run, the split times are now there for every run I have with the watch. Thanks for the nice surprise Apple! :biggrin:

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
That's cool. They need to continue to add features even if it's one at a time to catch up with the established run tracking apps out there.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Key feature for runners!

That's cool. They need to continue to add features even if it's one at a time to catch up with the established run tracking apps out there.

Thanks for the reply kjjparfekt. I agree 100%. I really miss the data I used to get in Garmin's ConnectStats app. What would be especially useful is weekly, monthly, and annual totals for run time, average pace, etc. If Apple chooses not to bake that into the Activities app, I'm hoping a third party developer will create such an app now that they can access the data from the watch.

By the way, I discovered a couple of additional changes in the Activity app. The little calendar icon in the upper right of the daily activities screen has been replaced by an icon that gives you all sorts of options (e.g., message, email, note, and more) for sending a progress report to someone else or just taking a snapshot of the day's activities. Also, you can switch the map view so that it highlights workouts or all activities.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm happy to report that once again, the latest Watch OS update has brought a new feature to the Activity app. On the bottom row of icons, sandwiched between History and Achievements, there is a now an icon for Workouts. Touch the icon and you'll get a list of all your workouts. There is also a filter if you just want to see Running, Walking, or Other workouts. It may offer other filters for other workout types, but those are the only ones I have.

This is a nice and welcome addition to the app. Now if Apple would just give us cumulative stats such as miles run per week or month, etc. Something like the Garmin ConnectStats would be wonderful. Have I mentioned that before? :cool:

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy to report that once again, the latest Watch OS update has brought a new feature to the Activity app. On the bottom row of icons, sandwiched between History and Achievements, there is a now an icon for Workouts. Touch the icon and you'll get a list of all your workouts. There is also a filter if you just want to see Running, Walking, or Other workouts. It may offer other filters for other workout types, but those are the only ones I have.

This is a nice and welcome addition to the app. Now if Apple would just give us cumulative stats such as miles run per week or month, etc. Something like the Garmin ConnectStats would be wonderful. Have I mentioned that before? :cool:

That is a good catch! I've been running all the watchOS betas and hadn't caught that.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! I'm kind of a running fanatic so I spend time with the activity app every day. I noticed it almost immediately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711