Forcing Glances/Apps to update content???

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to force Apps and particularly Glances to refresh their content?
My current favorite News app on the Watch is CNN but it is very frustrating in that it rarely updates the Glance and App itself without force quitting the app.
Any thoughts/ideas?
Thanks.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
From my experience, it depends on the application. I have some apps that you can roll the Digital Crown down to update, but other apps you have to touch some text at the top of the screen.

Millbrook

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I am also having glance refresh issues, in my case with the Weather app. Just now, the Weather app on my Watch, and the Weather complication on my Watch face, both correctly showed 66 degrees -- but the Weather glance showed 57 degrees. I had to reboot the Watch to get the glance to update.

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
From my experience, it depends on the application. I have some apps that you can roll the Digital Crown down to update, but other apps you have to touch some text at the top of the screen.

I only have two News apps on the Watch and NY Times does a much better (read automatic) job of updating. The CNN rarely updates the Watch app without forcing it closed. The Glance does sometimes but much less than 50% of the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2